or Connect

Posts by sammi jo

It's amazing what personal contact can do to bury racism and hatred. Arch neoconservative, Zionist, Islamophobe and Arab hater Paul Wolfowitz, former Deputy Defense Sec. had an Arabic Muslim girlfriend (Shaha Riza) while he was head honcho of the World Bank. Really, I kid you not. It really happened!
  Fair enough. The article I originally read mentioned that "she had been released" by the Hayward police. I would be curious as to what happens in this case, if anything.       Most unruly behavior, rioting and street brawls happen after professional sports events, and are more as a result of excessive alcohol consumption, as opposed to being racially motivated.    Anyway, the people who subdued her were other band members and stage crew who knew Chambers. Not an...
Here's racist Middle America, the ever present underbelly of and cowardice and bigotry. 73 year old singer Lester Chambers (of the Chambers Brothers) was attacked on stage for dedicating a song to the memory of slain Trayvon Martin. This all happened before the verdict had even been read (!).   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24VSGi8Y5VQ and interview with Lester Chambers here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhxIqf92N4s   This attacker undoubtedly couldn't...
      HOGWASH!     (extracted)   Initially, police didn’t arrest Zimmerman as he asserted self-defense under the state’s Stand Your Ground law. While his attorneys never filed an official Stand Your Ground motion in the case, the claim would become Zimmerman’s central defense.   Last year, state Senator Dwight Bullard , D-39th District, led the charge against the Stand Your Ground law which the state’s legislature passed in 2005. While some say the law did not play a...
Only in America can a dead black guy go on trial for his own murder.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hands Sandon  Ever heard of" innocent until proven guilty"? It's normal that journalists don't use stronger language. The two main plotters of this attack both received life sentences. Using extremely dangerous, liquid explosives, 10 massive airliners blown up, possibly over American cities, I'd say that's worth stopping, and the agencies must have the tools to do it.     Do you honestly believe this? I do realize that some people are under...
    Rogue elements within the US government are using "2nd hand terrorism" (with the complicity of the cowardly corporate media in full kneepad mode) to violate the rights of US citizens by flagrantly breaching the Bill of Rights, most especially the 4th Amendment. They are playing the terrorism card to the max, despite the fact that the chances of anyone being involved in a terrorist attack is less than that of drowning in the bathtub, dying from a bee sting, or being...
  Hopey Changey?   Ha!     As if! No chance.
  We Americans are (now) too apathetic, locked into tradition, scared/terrorized, distracted and in obeisance to authority, to allow people power to work. We voluntarily gave up our real independence decades ago.
  Oops... agreed 100%. Pickiness is essential in sound, complete science. My awkward phrasing.