or Connect

Posts by sammi jo

HALLIBURTON.. yet again. As if cutting corners with electrical wiring in Iraq (electrocuting some troops) isn't bad enough... here they go again. Looks like they were working on the part of the rig that failed only hours before the blow-out. A general policy of cutting corners again, keeping expenses down, for maximizing profits? If so, then they should be brought to task and at least pay for this, out of the $10s of $Billions they've extorted and bilked from the US...
Read up about the Miami protests of 2003 and the actions authorized by the Miami police chief John Timoney. Nazis indeed.
I only mention it because the oil companies operating the rigs in the Santa Barbara Channel constantly use "natural seepage" as a way of cutting corners, or deflecting blame for spills. Venoco, one of the companies operating in the area is one of the worst offenders, re. lax practices.
Actually, there is always oil on the beaches in the Santa Barbara area; there is natural leakage of thick gooey tar from the seabed in the Santa Barbara Channel, which periodically washes ashore. The local Chumash tribe used the tar to waterproof their boats 1000+ years ago.
Obama's detractors are now claiming that when a private corporation f∆cks up, it's the fault of the government. But perhaps thats not so far from the reality, since government is now merely an extension of corporate power. We The People (whozzatt??) don't count for anything at the federal level, regardless of whether its Tweedledum, or Tweedledumber in office.
Know Our Enemies, EHMs - Meet The Wall Street Economic Death Squad: Hank Paulson, Tim Geithner, Ben Bernanke, Robert Rubin, Larry Summers, Alan Greenspan, Lloyd Blankfein, Jamie Dimon, John Mack, Vikram Pandit, John Thain, Hank Greenberg, Ken Lewis. These men ‘presided over the largest transfer of wealth in history, from the working class to the flamboyant super rich.’ What these men have done is obscene. After crashing the economy, trillions of dollars have been...
Just a couple of questions: If one is living in Mexico without the required documentation, how does the Mexican government treat "illegals"? (From various first hand accounts, "harsh" and "gnarly" are the operative words). Are there *any* countries on Earth that allow undocumented immigration with impunity? Why should Mexicans be regarded as a "special case"... perhaps its for the benefit of big agribusiness? At what point in US history did a "settler" become an "illegal...
Even though I am not a Christian... I am sure we can all relate to the irritation. But, from all you post, it sounds like you are a sincere Christian, rather than taking easy street and merely wearing the label of convenience each Sunday. I don't know, (I wasn't around at the time (!) ).. but maybe Jesus intended his then and future devotees to regard "the church" as wherever they might happen to be, in their interactions with others and the world in general, and...
Maybe not a US *CITIZEN* but in the greatest likelihood WORKED (or still works) for the US. After all, why kill off your ace card, the man to whom the title of "The Big Boogeyman" was assigned?
Link to weirdness here. How bizarre can things get. The US Military, which has been spearheading a series of wars (part of an agenda concocted in 1999 by extremists who wear the Christian fundamentalist and Zionist labels), now does a 180º and says that Franklin Graham's comments are "inappropriate". Its quite fine to kill Muslims by the million on the basis of lies and fabrications, but we're not allowed to say what we think about them? One one had, it is perhaps a good...