or Connect

Posts by cws

Thanks!
Can someone help answer this question: With just one USB-C port that functions both for charging and for video output, does that mean that I would need to allow the battery to drain down if I choose to connect to an external monitor? Or does is there some way to keep the machine connected to power while also connecting it to an external monitor? This is not an issue with my current MacBook Pro, of course, because the video-out and power-in are separate ports.
I suspect the reason they didn't update it with the A8 processor last autumn was because they needed every last one of the A8s that came off the production line to meet iPhone 6 production goals. Only now that they have brought iPhone 6 supply and demand into balance can they afford to divert some of the A8 production to the iPad Mini.
 GM and Ford have been making cars for more than a hundred years, as have many other companies.  It is, frankly, quite silly to think that Apple could just jump into such a competitive and complex business and achieve greater efficiencies than companies that have been refining their design and manufacturing processes for decades.
But bear in mind that Apple sold 74,000,000 iPhones last quarter.  That's 34,000 every hour of every day.  Tesla sold 11,627 vehicles last quarter, or about as many iPhones as Apple sold every 20 minutes.  There would be no money in making cars for Apple.  And the development costs!  A disaster!
Yes, the margins are terrible.  GM has an 8% gross margin.  Ford has a 12% gross margin.  Apple currently has a 39% gross margin.
Man I hope this is not true. Worse than making TVs. They know nothing about this industry and the margins are bad.
The iPad Air 2 was not a mere spec bump, although the spec improvements were dramatic. The inclusion of Touch ID was a huge differentiator from previous versions.
What they are targeting is the professional laptop market. This is huge. When you equip this size tablet with an integrated keyboard/cover like the ones Logitech already makes for the iPad, every executive, manager, sales person, engineer on the planet will want to dump their heavy, clumsy laptop in favor of this device. With Microsoft already offering an excellent version of its Office software suite on the IOS platform, it's all most business users will ever need. We...
Touch ID, just introduced in Apple's latest iPhone, is an amazing example of groundbreaking innovation: the very first highly reliable and incredibly convenient biometric security system ever installed on a mobile device.  Oh, and I forgot to mention the first 64-bit processor on a mobile phone.  As Phil Schiller would say, "Can't innovate? My Ass!"