or Connect

Posts by cws

What is most compelling about the iPad Pro is that it is a laptop killer. For the 70 percent of people who use their laptops for routine tasks like email, web browsing and word processing, the iPad Pro, coupled with a stylus and bluetooth keyboard cover, will be the hands-down product of choice. This is especially true now that Microsoft has made truly excellent versions of its Office apps for the iOS platform. Once released, Apple will have achieved, through careful...
I wish it weren't so, but, as prime contractor, Apple is fully responsible for the performance of its subcontractors.
Thanks!
Can someone help answer this question: With just one USB-C port that functions both for charging and for video output, does that mean that I would need to allow the battery to drain down if I choose to connect to an external monitor? Or does is there some way to keep the machine connected to power while also connecting it to an external monitor? This is not an issue with my current MacBook Pro, of course, because the video-out and power-in are separate ports.
I suspect the reason they didn't update it with the A8 processor last autumn was because they needed every last one of the A8s that came off the production line to meet iPhone 6 production goals. Only now that they have brought iPhone 6 supply and demand into balance can they afford to divert some of the A8 production to the iPad Mini.
 GM and Ford have been making cars for more than a hundred years, as have many other companies.  It is, frankly, quite silly to think that Apple could just jump into such a competitive and complex business and achieve greater efficiencies than companies that have been refining their design and manufacturing processes for decades.
But bear in mind that Apple sold 74,000,000 iPhones last quarter.  That's 34,000 every hour of every day.  Tesla sold 11,627 vehicles last quarter, or about as many iPhones as Apple sold every 20 minutes.  There would be no money in making cars for Apple.  And the development costs!  A disaster!
Yes, the margins are terrible.  GM has an 8% gross margin.  Ford has a 12% gross margin.  Apple currently has a 39% gross margin.
Man I hope this is not true. Worse than making TVs. They know nothing about this industry and the margins are bad.
The iPad Air 2 was not a mere spec bump, although the spec improvements were dramatic. The inclusion of Touch ID was a huge differentiator from previous versions.