or Connect

Posts by hmm

I hate the PITA of selling gear in general, so I often neglect to weight residual value when determining the value of a purchase. Sometimes I feel like a technology graveyard. Anyway my point in responding was to mention that at its age you should also consider that if you're on the original battery, it may not have much life left. I've had 2 swell up after several years of use, even though they still held a charge. It becomes harder to use the trackpad, and your only...
There are a few reasons for that. The angle is typically unnatural compared to what you would use for pencil and paper. Tablet is either off to one side or you have to navigate around a keyboard. Computer desks weren't really designed for that kind of precision work. A second issue is mapping. Your hand and the cursor are not locked to a 1:1 path. This can be partly overcome by limiting the size of your screen and using the largest possible tablet. If it's still an issue,...
Watches are sold as jewelry today. I suspect Apple's version will be part-jewelry item, but they are known for technology and continuous product changes. If they become popular enough, they could make the "jewelry only" versions seem less desirable. In that regard we'll see what happens. It doesn't necessarily prop up the value of an Apple watch that is several generations old.
 That computer would have depreciated heavily based on its value as a tool relative to current technology. It acquired value as a collector's item due to fascination, historical value, and increasing rarity. Twenty or thirty years from now an early serial number first generation iPhone in working condition may be worth a significant amount of money to collectors. That market won't be driven by people who want to use it as their day to day device. It's also not very...
It's a little early to argue over displayport 1.3. The specification itself was released a week ago. Prior to that it wasn't finalized. It may still be a while before you see it in shipping Macs, because it depends on when they acquire new board designs. With the Mac Pro I wouldn't expect any enormous changes with Broadwell, because it uses the same chipset. It could easily be 2016 before you see thunderbolt 3.0 in a Mac Pro. The macbook pros could see it a little earlier.
That is not an accurate claim. Larger companies have shipping contracts which allow them better rates. It simply wouldn't cost through any normal shipping channel. Even in a case of urgency, I don't think they would order anything beyond overnight shipping, possibly with guaranteed AM delivery.
 Think of them as licensed monopolies. Municipalities often lease exclusive or semi-exclusive rights to a given company in exchange for deployment and maintenance of infrastructure.  Blah that is something that angers me. The amount of regulation leads to consolidation more than anything.
 I don't mind that idea at all, and I'm curious if they've learned anything from the 5C. The older white macbooks (and the ibooks before them) had the tendency to crack on whatever top panel is along the keyboard area. I don't mean long cracks through the entire thing. The plastic would become brittle and crack along seams. The Airs hold up significantly better in that regard. I hope they don't revert without remedying that issue.
I was curious about the article, and you cited an opinion piece for reference. // I the removed second part. I don't feel like acquiring an infraction.
Apple still reports sales to third party retailers as sales, just not shipments to their own stores. You'll have a very difficult time figuring out when each device is actually transferred to a customer. If they split it up between devices sold to customers and those sold to retailers, you could come up with a decent estimate.