or Connect

Posts by hmm

That does happen, but it doesn't always happen where people expect it. For example people are always concerned with graphics apps. Most of those require very little from the gpu. They encounter problems if the machine is really low on memory in a shared memory configuration, which can cause odd behavior. It's not really the same as being reliant on strong graphics. It's also a somewhat common problem when it comes to running external displays. As for me I'm all for better...
That is a bit too absolute. It depends on your uses. For basic uses even the cheapest integrated graphics of the current generation are adequate. There are also many use cases where people think they need graphical power yet benefit very little from it. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was relatively even on cpu power. As it is two years later the thing takes a hit in one aspect and a price increase of $100. As I mentioned the $500 model has no direct ancestor. You might...
Your numbers are off. Note they're using the HD 5000 at the low end at this point.
They used a 45W chip in the 2012 mini. The 2011 supported a 35W chip  + underclocked midrange discrete graphics. I say underclocked because IIRC the 6600 chips were underclocked 6700s. It wouldn't be any different than what they used in the past. Regarding the chip cost, I can retype my prior comparisons if you like. The steepest price increase by far was at the low end of the lineup, where I didn't think $600 would hold. It didn't. The mini that tracks the 13" macbook pro...
 Blah. Lightroom is better in a lot of aspects anyway. It's still nowhere near what it should be in color processing, but that's due to decisions on Adobe's part such as their committing to prophoto RGB, which makes me very sad.
 Those things could be perfectly sufficient for some people. I think memory and storage constraints are likely to be a far greater aggravation for lighter users. What I dislike is how they artificially constrained the top minis. I do agree with you on the iPads, but it's not like this is new. They have cheaped out on weird things as long as I've used them. I recall the older earbuds, charger problems with both the early G4s and certain macbook pros, battery issues (check...
 It's not that atypical of litigation. Parties often reach an agreement that includes the discontinuation of future business together. In the past Apple stocked Bose headphones as accessories for their own products. Apple didn't make a natural accessory to a Bose product, so Bose Stores weren't a natural distribution channel for Apple. This site just likes to spin things in weird ways.
 If they had stuck with tracking the 15" hardware at $900-1000, that could have been a winner. The price increase on processors shouldn't have been as severe as it was with the 13". They accomplished the transition with the (previously) low end model by bumping the price upwards $100 to account for bumps in cpu cost. If they wanted to, they could have done the same thing with the one above it rather than expand what used to be their base offering. The $500 mini is a...
Ghz != performance. It refers to the length of a clock cycle when the cpu is operating at its base clock rate. It does not describe the amount of work accomplished during a cycle, only its duration. If they aren't from the same chip design, the comparison is 100% useless and another silly example of spreading misinformation on the internet. If you want to read about the end of the mhz wars, look up the stories of the old Pentium III architecture. Actually architecture...
It's actually pretty typical of endorsement contracts. Apple has their own stipulations somewhere, which may or may not differ from these types of agreements.