or Connect

Posts by hmm

I think I made a mistake in that I read your posts alongside those of the other guy I responded to before that. I conflated it with the one suggesting that usb3 ports would be replaced with skylake (really skeptical about that). I can certainly understand why you would want a quad 13". It might happen if they still use the same chipset, but I'm still skeptical. Apple typically tries to upsell, so it's most likely if they can generate a high minimum sale with one. I would...
 Why is it that one of you always posts this nonsense? They could issue ten buybacks of similar size, and they would not be any closer to private ownership. The value of the company would just be distributed among fewer shares. Even if they didn't retire the ones that are bought back, they could not legally vote them.
If you run into problems with a 13", a lighter 15" won't solve them. The 15" retina weighs .01 pounds less than the 13" cmbp. A few mm less thickness won't fix the scenarios you mentioned there. You should wait to see if there there is a significant redesign, then buy a 13". Your last post suggests that the 15" will always be a mismatch. I've been in similar situations, but they don't occupy enough of my time to be a big deal. If I traveled constantly they might be more...
I don't entirely understand that. The thing is around 4 pounds and not that bulky. Where does it become a problem?
I don't think that's likely just yet.
Support for external GPUs is kind of interesting, but where did you read that? I doubt that will happen, even if the skus are listed by intel.
I didn't examine it in complete detail. I just find it strange that AI doesn't always portray these things accurately. It's centered around something specific, and each paragraph highlights a connection to that. It isn't really mentioned in the AI article. Why would we bribe foreign governments for any reason? Speaking of that, if they accept bribes, they aren't good governments.
 I read the letter rather quickly. His complaints center on one thing, which is specifically that apps may not mention anything outside the app store. I'm not going to verify the exact terms of that, but if you care to read the letter, everything centers around that.
The same thing has happened with Apple at different points, and the correction can be pretty sharp over the short term, even in cases where it makes some sense over the longer term. Going by your estimated PE, that's much higher than you would typically see with a company of that size. I'm with anantksundaram on this one though. If I had the unallocated funds, I would be tempted to do the same thing. 
I don't think they would have purchased Beats for the headphones alone. If they were after high quality headphones, they could have purchased a brand with better engineering and restyled them into something more stylish.