or Connect

Posts by hmm

You guys might want to source that one. I can't find legal reference suggesting such a thing is automatic.
I don't have a good confirmation on any of that. I've just read it repeatedly. Most of them still seem satisfied with the newer ones, but suggest that things are flimsier than when they were made by IBM. I've seen the IBM ones. They were tanks, and they even made Apple's notebooks at the time look inexpensive. This was long before Apple had a $900 Air. I didn't mean slightly cheaper. The difference was considerable. Lenovo's markup is very high on thinkpad ram, but it's...
I've never owned one. Others have mentioned that quality has slipped since the days of IBM. Under IBM they were quite possibly the most durable laptops ever made excluding those designed for military use. Pricing is a lot lower under Lenovo.
I'm running adblock+ and ghostery along with a separate script blocker on firefox. I don't get spammed very much. Of course you can also reroute known ad servers to a junk port :).
Perception of resolution is a bit more complicated than whether you can perceive individual pixels, but it's high enough that aliasing is a non-issue. Font smoothing attempts to compensate for aliasing. With resolution high enough to eliminate detectable aliasing, font smoothing is pointless.
You haven't followed that at all or you didn't pay attention to the amount of money that ends up being dumped into things such as deportation, which is an overall stupid strategy when you consider that costs could be lowered by sanctioning any business of individual that acts as an enabler. If legislators decided to attach a $20k fine to any employer who doesn't use e-verify, how many do you think would continue to hire undocumented workers? Consider that a very generic...
Nothing. Consider the age and size of  the company. It is what is necessary today.
Sarcasm? 1GB is below the minimum supported amount for recent versions of OSX.
That's true, but that isn't going to change. You aren't likely to have several companies supply comparable infrastructure due to the upfront costs, and issues of where it runs on both public and private land.
That's part of the issue. There is limited space to run infrastructure. The infrastructure in a given area is owned by a specific company, and they provide the service. Your main source of competition in many areas would be mobile plans, but it's quite expensive (and device limited) to rely solely on that.