or Connect

Posts by hmm

If they could do that, they wouldn't have issued a bond in the first place.
I don't believe he was referring to the macbook perse. He was referring to whatever occupies the 15" rmbp spot in Apple's lineup. I wasn't referring to just those. There are various reasons you might need to plug something in, but anyway HDMI is more typical now. I haven't seen a projector that uses VGA in some time.
 Why refer to people as whiners? I can tell you that carrying extra dongles really does suck. They're often poorly manufactured and unreliable. Sometimes they're a poor fit. I disagree with your assertion of a 16" model here, but I've been wrong before. 15" has been the most popular size for years. The gain from 15" to 17" is decent, not amazing. I still have one of the last 17" models, so I speak from experience. While Apple has drifted away from some of their old...
There are a number of residential neighborhoods in California where AT&T has really crappy service, especially if you're inside a building. Verizon works most places. I think that's how they get away with it.
It won't make as much of a difference as you might hope. First off displays that are marketed as being similar in gamut to Adobe RGB have been around for roughly 5 years at this point and 2-3 in LED backlighting with one ancient LED example that goes back much further. If you don't see a loss of detail, then it's more about how close a meaningful test comes to the intended target colors and how well it preserves steps from black to white. Think of it this way. Gamut...
It's a matter of bottlenecks. Clock speed has outpaced memory for decades at this point. This alleviates a specific bottleneck, but it isn't immediately obvious where we will see improvements. I do expect this to benefit integrated graphics, but I don't know how much of that you'll see with the first generation or what else will improve. I can also tell you that intel has been classically underwhelming compared to their hype. Intel makes a lot of good stuff, but they (and...
I think I made a mistake in that I read your posts alongside those of the other guy I responded to before that. I conflated it with the one suggesting that usb3 ports would be replaced with skylake (really skeptical about that). I can certainly understand why you would want a quad 13". It might happen if they still use the same chipset, but I'm still skeptical. Apple typically tries to upsell, so it's most likely if they can generate a high minimum sale with one. I would...
 Why is it that one of you always posts this nonsense? They could issue ten buybacks of similar size, and they would not be any closer to private ownership. The value of the company would just be distributed among fewer shares. Even if they didn't retire the ones that are bought back, they could not legally vote them.
If you run into problems with a 13", a lighter 15" won't solve them. The 15" retina weighs .01 pounds less than the 13" cmbp. A few mm less thickness won't fix the scenarios you mentioned there. You should wait to see if there there is a significant redesign, then buy a 13". Your last post suggests that the 15" will always be a mismatch. I've been in similar situations, but they don't occupy enough of my time to be a big deal. If I traveled constantly they might be more...
I don't entirely understand that. The thing is around 4 pounds and not that bulky. Where does it become a problem?