or Connect

Posts by hmm

No intuos tablet?
 I think another part of the issue is the sheer amount of branching. Their applications run on an extremely wide range of hardware. Pixelmator doesn't have that level of redundancy, and they drop support for older OS revisions fairly quickly. It's also pretty much OS dependent, as they rely heavily on apis present in OSX for more than just the interface, where Adobe has to make for a fairly consistent experience between OSX and Windows. At least they don't use QT to build...
It seems you are correct according to the rumor sites. Intel rumors also turn out to be credible more often than those surrounding Apple. I'm shocked to read that though. How are they going to deal with that much heat transfer? I also can't see it being downstream power (powering a display from a notebook) because they won't come out with any charger that can supply that amount of power.
That would require significantly more power than they put out. Weren't they something like 5-10W output? Apple's chargers are typically 85W. I don't know if that is peak or extended throughput, but on some generations it still needs to be supplemented by the battery if cpu + gpu are under a considerable load.
I was referring to Apple and Adobe. I don't think they make a good match. It reminds me of when HP bought out Compaq. That's part of the problem with enormous code bases. A complete rewrite presents an enormous risk. I suppose rewriting application software  is less of a risk for Apple, given that they derive more of their profit from hardware sales. It was probably infeasible for Adobe with most of the Macromedia stuff. I was more pointing out that there has been a lot of...
 I don't know why you even suggest this when it wouldn't be good for either company. Apple's successes have involved making things more accessible. They typically buy smaller companies, presumably because they're easier to integrate. Beyond that have you considered the task of folding those codebases into some of these other apps? You're talking about millions of lines of code here, which is an enormous risk. The bolded portion is the only part where I agree with you, but...
The spread in benchmarks is fairly similar regardless of whether you look at 32 or 64 bit, as long as you look at multi-core benchmarks. Anyway I credit you for your linguistic progress from teenage colloquialisms to 70s cliches.
In the case of X86 processors and their 64 bit implementation, it shouldn't change the difference between one and another by much. The 64 bit version requires a paid license. Because of that the results are averaged over fewer machines. Some people quote the 32 bit benchmarks for that reason. There was no reason to be rude.
 I recall panels similar to what is used in the 27" thunderbolt display starting to trickle out in late 2009, but I do mean the tail end of it. I also disagree with branding technology that way like it all makes drastic leaps year over year. That was my earlier point. It does look thinner though. So far in terms of panel SKU ifixit and tftcentral suggest it's the same one as they have used since the inception of 27" models, but the backlights and screen treatments have...
I'm not sure of the year they started producing that panel, but display panels have very long shipping cycles compared to something like a cpu. Year to year changes are quite minor. In Apple's case they may still be using a significantly older panel design on the 21". The panel in the 27" could be similar to what became available in late 2009, but I don't see how that matters.