or Connect

Posts by hmm

Right now the only macbook pro that can hook to a 5K display is the 15" model with discrete graphics. The rest lack driver and possibly hardware support.
 If the compiler has some weird bugs, a mac pro will not fix that. Nothing will fix it apart from working around them. The most stable development machine would be a mac, basically any mac.
January 2016 is less than 9 months. Anyway cpus appropriate for the 15" model are likely to come out last, and the mini will probably come out after that. You could see a Broadwell mini instead, in which case it would be longer. The 13" uses Broadwell at this point. It would still be staggered a bit though.
OpenGL on OSX has also been outperformed by OpenGL on Windows in recent years. Their support for it over the past few years has been terrible, so it's not a very high bar. I kind of wonder if they borrowed from AMD and Mantle on this one. Interestingly Khronos still lists Apple as a working group participant for Vulkan (bottom of the page), which was announced under a different name just a bit before Metal, although they only started using the name Vulkan this year.
Ah damn somehow I didn't think of the word shuffle, even though you wrote it. The smallest idevice I used was a nano for jogging. A shuffle seems like a fairly high risk, considering it wouldn't sell for very much. If it could be smuggled out in someone's sock, bag searches won't prevent that.
  Quote: I want you to think about that statement. If the packaging is intact, it's fairly comparable in size, albeit not identical. If they're able to take it out of the packaging, they would be able to smuggle one without the use of a bag.
I doubt it. Whenever you see the last Apple notebooks transition to Skylake, start the clock. They often slide these things in quietly around certain events, but that may or may not happen. It seems like they always show up late, by which time you're hopeful to see the next generation sooner.
They just released Broadwell quad core chips. The next will be the dual skylake ones. Skylake-H won't be out this year. A few people are simply out of their minds. If Skylake-H was a couple months away, Intel would have scrapped those Broadwell units. It could happen early next year, but I don't expect Apple will ship anything new for the 15" before then. They just updated gpu and trackpad, which is atypical of them outside of cpu availability. Given their recent track...
It doesn't burn that many calories. It's a silly urban myth. Do it because it's fun.  I read through this post too quickly. It made it much funnier than intended.
Possibly the Airs. 15" macbook pros and possibly some imac configurations won't have available chips for a while longer.