or Connect

Posts by hmm

Typically this is why I suggest the Apple Store if one is within reach. Third party repair centers may not be authorized to make such an offer. That is just fanboy tripe, and I think you know it.  The flat rate repair replaces a part that suffers from a design flaw with a refurbished part that contains the same design flaw. It's not really that much of a bargain, but it can be worthwhile to extend the life of a machine. You may not get another 3 years though. If you check...
As pointed out you would want to free up some space. 60GB is pretty small relative to present day uses of computers. If I'm not mistaken that would be the formatted capacity of the 64GB Air model. That came with 2GB of ram, which is tight. You can check that statistic by clicking the Apple logo in the upper left of your screen and on about this mac. My best guess is that you have one of those models, and that the lack of memory means that it often writes to disk. Marvin...
 Ah you saved me some typing :). Everyone goes straight to the topic of quotas. If Apple feels a portion of the overall population is underrepresented in its ranks, they should look at their recruiting practices. Nonsense such as quotas is just a lazy method that doesn't address the causes of the perceived problem.  Have you read many of his other recent posts? 
Non-compete agreements are unenforceable in California under most circumstances, as well as several other states. As I pointed out they can't legally take company IP with them. If they are actually sought after for their talents, they wouldn't need to do so anyway. What Apple and any other company can reasonably expect of their departing employees is that those employees do not take trade secrets with them. It's not reasonable for a company to restrict the employment of...
That is irrelevant. There is no reason to believe that the other companies will not face scrutiny. Ever notice how Apple garners a lot of attention from regulators? They are one of the largest in their industry, just like Verizon. When you grow to that size, shenanigans won't unless you have shill regulators. Regulators may not always have the resources to go after everyone simultaneously, but it's ridiculous for Verizon to deflect like that. This is something I hate about...
 Well in any case I would expect them to have more than just the internal. It's very costly to lose footage, so they are probably backing up as they go. With HDDs you would capture to Raid. It's ridiculous for anyone to suggest a large internal 2.5" HDD would be used for video capture, especially when considering their sensitivity to vibration. Given that they'll need on set backup anyway, I'm skeptical that many of them would opt to work off the internal drive, even on a...
 I'm not sure I understand you here. An NDA would cover confidential details of their projects as well as company IP. Their general knowledge and proven ability to solve problems should be enough to receive an offer of employment from another company. This doesn't just apply to Apple. Consider the example of military contractors. There is quite a lot that they can't take from one job to another, but that doesn't devalue their experience or track record. If the only...
He was against NDAs? That is the typical way to retain secrets. Retaining people comes down to engaging projects and whether they can afford to live reasonably within a reasonable commuting distance.
It's unlikely that editing 4K footage off your laptop's drive is typical. I don't know of anyone that would do it that way. The use of HDDs would require some type of RAID, in which case you wouldn't be working off the internal drive anyway. I remember when it was typical to connect digital cameras (and backs) to a G4 by firewire, which means that at this point I would probably be justified in ordering people off my lawn.
Corporations themselves are created as legal entities, so you analogy is a bit strange there. The actions referred to are on the part of a legally recognized entity, not on the part of an individual person.