or Connect

Posts by hmm

There are legalities tied to marriage relating to transfer of wealth, child custody, and a number of other things. If it was up to churches with no codified basis or recognition in common law, it wouldn't be important. The issue of what you call it is also unimportant. The word marriage has been assigned various meanings from a transactional standpoint. My only reason for direct mention of Christianity was that Judeo Christian influence is cited with much greater frequency...
I think IDEs just make it more complicated. A text editor + basic make file is arguably simpler to use than an IDE with many buttons, often incorrect error messages coupled with red squiggly lines, and auto-suggest mechanics. Things like auto-suggestions actually make it take longer to memorize very basic command syntax. In that sense the IDE doesn't make it easier at all. The exception might be in debugging in a language like C++, where it's easy to accidentally "step...
Marriage wasn't always a religious event for those thousands of years. If I'm not mistaken the involvement of Christian churches in weddings (specifically getting married at the church) dates to around the 1600s, possibly a bit earlier (revising my earlier estimate). A lot of its traditions involve property transfer and politics, as you can see with the father giving away the bride. I think it's a little silly to get too focused on the religious aspect of it when religious...
Hmm... maybe. He always seems grumpy, so I read it as a serious post.
This also happens with other operating systems. People find them and devise a patch. Your anger is misplaced yet again.
There are certain federal matters that are tied to it, so it's awkward at the state level. It can affect a lot weird things that you wouldn't immediately think of as being related to marriage (eg visitation rights if one person is in the hospital may or may not be honored). You can't appease all religions, and it's a terrible basis for legislation. Also the idea of marriage as a Christian rite is only a couple centuries old.
That's a strange way to word it. Usually they're identified by their bandwidth. You could in fact place an SSD that would saturate 4 lanes on a 1 or 2 lane bus with pin compatibility (actually I'm not sure that's the right term here). You just wouldn't obtain the same bandwidth.They're strongest with highly parallel operations. There are various libraries for matrix algebra on gpus, because they initially gained traction for scientific computing. Even ignoring the branchy...
 Ah you may have starved your vm of memory, or it may be set to dynamically allocate disk space for the hosted os as needed. If it's both this behavior would be normal. It depends on your hypervisor, settings, and version of windows. OSX still probably has the most memory available to it, as most people only allocate 2GB or less to a vm, whereas OSX retains a larger share. If you boot natively into Windows, take a look at not just how often the disk sees activity, but how...
That still doesn't really say anything, and I haven't found it to entirely be the case with recent versions of Windows. Reasons I can think of for disk access include freeing up ram via swaps, downloading updates, and general disk maintenance. Both OSX and Windows compensate for block level fragmentation behind the scenes. None of this really provides justification of the statement that Windows writes out significantly more data than OSX. It does allocate significant space...
Can you explain that? OSX has its own equivalent to pagefile.sys, and it can write significant data to that. Updates are often bundled better on OSX, but they still involve a non-trivial amount of data.