or Connect

Posts by hmm

I don't doubt that. I suspect we'll see something on creativecow within a week or two.
Well the iris monicker is a matter of branding, but I don't see the demand for improved integrated gpus going anywhere. There are various frameworks and things that weren't supported on integrated graphics for years. That is no longer the case. They aren't ideal for gaming, and you aren't going to animate with them, but the general improvements have taken care of quite a few edge cases where you have some openGL reliance without being really computationally heavy.
  That could be practical as long as you have some means of quantifying how far off they are visually from the desired response. If they're popular enough I'm sure someone will do some real testing on them. I just say visually because I know enough about the bases for most of these color models.
 Ahh I was either in high school or middle school at that time. I didn't really start using macs until the G4s, but from what I understand at that time, it was even more heavily output referred. The way it is now, you have certain groups that outline loose specifications for communication between devices and various viewing conditions. Those commonly used in video are are quite difference from those used in typical preparation of graphical elements, illustrations, still...
 Tell them who really controls the spice :).
I haven't looked at benchmarks between the two. I just stated if there is more than one supplier, you should look at whether the lesser one is acceptable in performance. That way you can be sure of your purchase. Apple plays a lot of games with mini delays. After all this time they finally release a haswell model, and they obviously waited for the retina imac for whatever reason. I find it silly given that the price spread between the two, but anyway I wouldn't expect...
 15" is typically the most popular size with other brands, so I'm sure people would purchase one. Apple has been increasingly careful about spacing out their product lines by price range, so I really don't see that as likely. 
That's why you don't play the component lottery. You determine if the worst possible outcome is acceptable and only buy if that is the case. The mac pro is also a very expensive item, so it would not surprise me to see a higher flash budget there. 
 That's the thing. I looked at his quoted times, and a slow drive shouldn't cause things to take several minutes to launch. Disk Warrior might help a "little" if it takes too long to search, but other than  that it still sounds unusually problematic. Recent revisions of OSX really aren't built for HDDs given the frequency of disk access, but those results are far beyond what I would expect in slowdown. If everyone who bought the old 13" experienced this with Mountain Lion...
Some of those things often fail to run, such as cache clearing. I've seen many GB worth of caches at times, which could be tight on a smaller ssd. It can also guarantee that the cron scripts are actually run. The main thing that is really outdated is the prebinding implemented by it.