or Connect

Posts by hmm

Quote:Tick the box where it says maximize compatibility on your psds. That will embed a flattened image for any software that cannot properly interpret its layers, yet can read from a .psd. Boycotting is useless here. They don't have any real competitors, and the money isn't there to really draw in new developers. iOS has attracted much more in the way of innovative photo editing apps with differing color handling and vectorized brush engines, but I wouldn't anticipate...
Nokia is providing maps for Samsung. I don't know if he was referring to that or a greater level of collaboration.
 In that case I misinterpreted some of your earlier posts, but as I suggested above, I think Koh takes a lot of unnecessary flack. It's likely that an injunction would have been granted if she thought it would stick. It seems my previous link doesn't work. Here's a recap from 2012. Hyperlinks aren't working for me for whatever reason. theverge and 9to5mac posted articles in 2012. Just google US court reverses Apple’s injunction on Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I tried to link it,...
 This conflicts with a lot of your past words about the government not interfering in things. It seems that only applies to things that you dislike. You also missed that her past injunction rulings have been overturned on appeal. Do you think any judge would continue to grant them without being absolutely sure?
Wait isn't that what you objected to when I said it?  I'll admit I sometimes word things in a snarky manner.
I read what you responded to there, and I don't see how it matters. A significant portion of school funding comes from state and local sources. I also kind of disagree with Dick on the apartment thing, as renters do facilitate the payment of property tax. In some municipalities (LA is one of them) landlords are allowed to include certain surcharges to reclaim various per unit fees. The downside to areas with a high concentration of apartments is that you typically have a...
I got that, but some days my responses are just grumpy. Quite often I don't notice it unless I return to the thread. It was half-serious in that I don't know how this forum acquired a political sub-forum. I've seen a couple others instate one for that reason.  I was surprised by how long it took that detail to surface. Note that most similar events don't blow up to this degree. Underlying tension and that his body was left untouched for several hours probably drove up...
I don't think you understand its purpose. It keeps most of the politically charged noise out of other areas of the forum.
I can tell sarcasm, and it made me laugh. I was referring to regulations on brick and mortar shops. They aren't required to do extensive searching, but they are required to hold the item for however many days in case a police report is filed during that time.  I will do that if I ever buy one off Craigslist. It's an excellent precaution.
 I'm genuinely surprised he didn't know that.  That would only be true if they pay out in advance. At least in California they would be legally required to hold the item for something like 14 days in case it's reported stolen. Shops do that with used goods all the time. Where you should be concerned is if you intend to buy a used one off craigslist. If it's stolen, the owner may brick the device.