or Connect

Posts by hmm

^^ I know that's a passive aggressive response to my comment (even though I think calling everything left and right is abject nonsense). There's an assumption that it only happened to political opponents. I personally hope they all do it when it comes to anyone trying to circumvent rules that apply to 501c4. Also thanks for the generalized ad hominem. At least I was trying to be civil.
Blah I meant to respond to this one too. Note that a large percentage of it is around Austin, which isn't a highly "conservative" (I hate that term, but I can't think of a better word here) area. It lacks the beautiful weather and nice beaches of California, and in terms of cities I prefer San Francisco. Seattle is a very nice city with a number of tech companies and other corporate hubs, yet it has a very low tax rate. There are a lot of things that contribute to these...
That one still comes up due to the number of lives and the sheer amount of resources consumed by that invasion. As you know the costs of that war will be around for decades or longer in some form whether it's an issue of veterans' benefits or other things. In case you want to bring up the VA since it loosely ties into that, no one apparently cared about veterans getting the shaft for the past 20 or 30 years. The issue there was promised VA reform, at which time the VA...
 That is an overly simplified view of it, because demand isn't entirely elastic. Using a rather extreme example, Apple could in theory price each iphone at $10k today. This would offer a higher gross margin per device, but it's unlikely that they would sell enough of them to maintain a viable product line. Changes in taxes can affect the price paid, but it isn't the only factor. They do in fact have to balance what is considered an acceptable margin against how many would...
You are welcome to disagree with me on this, but I would suggest that money is better spent attracting the best talent than on furnishings. I would rather see it invested in people rather than luxuries, and for what it's worth, I am fairly thrifty with my own spending by any standard. They have inspected each of those companies. You just weren't aware of it. In some cases it is ongoing. The articles go back several years, but not all of them appeared on AI.
Even Applecare has some exclusions, such as limitations on batteries. Chargers are probably not among them. If you're out of warranty on anything serious that Applecare would have covered, depot repair is typically an option.
 That has to be one of the worst ideas anyone has ever posted. As mentioned it would run afoul of antitrust laws if they tried to shut out windows. The other problem is that this isn't much of a growth market. It's just consolidating competition. The same goes for Quickbooks. It wouldn't be allowed, and even if it was, it's still a bad idea.
  Quote: You guys do understand this plant is located in Austin, right? It may not represent your cliched views of the overall state.
 Do you have that quote? I remember it being a matter of locating enough engineers, although I'm sure costs factored in. The line that is assembled in the US has the lowest volume and highest price. It's not exactly the same scale as something like the iphone, although many of the idevice SoCs are produced in the US. In any case there's more than one factor when determining where to produce something, and beyond that I encourage everyone not to take executive speech at...
 In this case I doubt it. Even if you calculate out the GST portion, markups on electronics are extremely high in Australia. They're probably doing well there no matter what. If it moved way out of alignment, I would see it as more likely to influence the number of Apple-branded retail stores that are opened there. I don't live there, but I have spent a lot of time there. I can also tell you some of their bigger cities (Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne) are extremely...