or Connect

Posts by hmm

They would need to use a different type of sensor for the color information than luminance. Assuming sensitivity is close enough within wavelengths and IR can be suitably filtered from the recorded spectrum, they could seemingly use unfiltered cmos or ccd chips. The typical RGBG bayer array is in fact made using filtered sensors, as the sensors can't otherwise  differentiate between colors. I'm mostly skeptical on the idea that a much lower depth will be almost as good...
  Are you aware  of such a sensor technology? The current ones are in fact filtered in arrays. There are gaps between pixels that are reserved for additional electronics. It's also important to note that dynamic range is based upon best case scenario. At higher ISO ratings the processing is completely different due to a worse signal to noise ratio which digitizes as noise. They clear parts of it up using various algorithms, most of which do some variation of multiply...
It still had fans.
Cheney was CEO of an oil company right before taking office. Bush's primary occupation right before that was the role of Texas governor. See why I thought you meant Cheney? That hostility seems a little unnecessary. Those weren't supposed to be talking points. I was just having a difficult time responding as you  keep things somewhat abstract wanting to complain about things such as perceived general attitudes with odd anecdotes thrown in. The clarity isn't there, so it's...
 I often wish intel had assigned the codename skylark rather than skylake. It's mainly because I think larks are interesting looking birds. Intel has been increasing integration. I wouldn't necessarily call it evolutionary in spite of their having absorbed components for years. They have been more aggressive in recent cycles. I'm just really skeptical about such a large jump in spite of Apple's willingness to embrace some minor to moderate specification downgrades or...
  I suspect you're a perfectly reasonable person, yet your responses are abstract enough to make it difficult to respond with anything meaningful. The wars in the Middle East were a problem. They created uncertainty, which drives speculation. As you know oil is a commodity item, so speculation does play a role. The role of the government is indirect there. They may have an effect on policy, yet they can't dictate gas prices. Regarding the "oil man" in office at the time,...
Where are you looking for outrage and not finding it? Regarding the cost of fossil fuel products, they're still higher in many other countries. I'm not sure what you would do to massively influence pricing on a globally traded commodity.
That makes the least sense of anything. Tablets are great for some things. They're otherwise limited, and it's unlikely that you're going to see them really be able to work with all necessary peripherals as well as drive all older hardware out of the market within a few years. As for Xcode, it's not fun to use an IDE on a small screen. It's too easy to miss typos and things when scrolling through text, and your IDE will not always flag things that produce undesirable...
 When I look at Apple's displays I see the captive displays built into the imac and notebooks along with the thunderbolt display, which is really designed as a display + dock. Its design may change with the mac pro also taking on thunderbolt, but the purpose of the prior one was pretty clear. They maintained the prior Cinema display for some time to ensure some compliant option for the older mac pro. When it comes to 4K, Dell's 24" IPS display started around $1400. It...
I don't necessarily view it as a consumer device. It can be leveraged in a lot of ways. iPads have been adopted for flight simulations. They could be used for sign ins. In many cases software developed in house to run on an iPad can displace older turnkey style solutions. I don't think cannibalization was too great of a concern for them after the first couple iterations. It outpaced the Macs on growth to a point where there's really no way that OSX products would have made...