or Connect

Posts by hmm

Apple plainly states that this is unsupported. They don't use a standard displayport 1.2  protocol here. Note that The mac pros support up to 4K. There is some amount of custom work done here, presumably in terms of drivers. It's also an embedded design rather than one that is limited to whatever bandwidth can be run over the current thunderbolt. Also what does Xgrid have to do with anything? Xgrid died a long time ago, and it related to distributed computation. You may...
That sounds excellent. I watched a portion of the old series, but I never finished it.It's practically in unofficial beta at this point. Just a few months ago the compiler had major bugs. I think this will change soon though.  I definitely plan to watch it when I have the time. I stopped watching television a couple years ago to give myself more time for reading and stuff like that. You've never experienced an earthquake? I came across something similar while searching for...
You are impatient as usual. Consider that just a few months ago, its compiler still had major bugs. They would require stability to build anything of that scope from it, and it was probably not stable when they began writing the photos app. I plan to try it. I'm still looking for a "good" way to call C++ from it, mostly because it could be re-purposed to run on Android as well. The language itself also has a lot in the way of stable math libraries. I actually plan to watch...
Ah damn you are correct. I must be senile now.
AT&T wasn't actually Cingular. AT&T still had its own service at the time. They acquired Cingular. I still don't see it happening in the near future. If it became incredibly cheap to implement and phone companies were willing to bundle data service across all devices, it might make sense. As it is the wifi thing I mentioned last time covers most circumstances where a person would reach for their laptop rather than their phone.
 You shouldn't have to check something like that. In the unlikely event that you had malware of some kind, that can be solved by restoring your files from a backup. On a side note, never pay for out of warranty repairs from a third party authorized reseller if you have any kind of access to an Apple Store. Depot repair is much cheaper.
I suggest a batman one. At least that's what I will add to my next notebook.
 You clearly missed the point of their political posturing. The typical claim is one that companies are held back from investing in domestic infrastructure due to tax policy. It won't work out that way, but if they were honest about the legislation, most people would not be in support of it.
It wouldn't actually be that high anyway, even in the worst possible scenario. As you know there are adjustments, including credit of any tax paid to a foreign government, as long as all filings for overpayment were completed. They do need to make a decision on how to handle this kind of thing going forward, but it's mainly the tax holiday lobbying that angers me. If they're going to change tax laws, they should do so and be done with it, not simply reset the...
 You may not realize this, but you are incorrect. You are mistaking ideological points of what you think should be taxable with current tax law. The money itself doesn't have to reside outside of the US. The stipulation is that it's held by non-US subsidiaries and considered to be perpetually invested outside the US (oddly that includes being held within the US by non-US subsidiaries). Now your suggestion is that it shouldn't be taxable, because it was earned outside the...