or Connect

Posts by hmm

Battery life is a big deal for notebooks. Two discrete gpus would consume too much power. As it is they all have some form of integrated graphics. Some of them sort of have two already by the inclusion of integrated and discrete graphics. They do not have the ability to run both simultaneously, so that should be your first clue. You would also be looking at an extremely limited market. Gaming would represent a big part of this if they could operate in some crossfire-like...
They recycled a name more than a product in the case of the retina macbook. It has a lot in common with the Air, but it doesn't share much with the older macbook. It's not entry level model in terms of price. It's more a sign of where they're likely to go in the future. I disagree with the other assessment too.  The 17" wasn't there to be the high end model. Hardware configurations converged between the 15 and 17" model, so what you really obtained was extra screen real...
They would have just kept the non-retina if that was the case. They did it with the 13" model. They kept the mac pro going in spite of what must have been dismal sales after several years without updates. On the software end, final cut pro languished for a long time. If they intended to update the 17" macbook pro at that time, it never would have been cancelled. Bringing out a new one would be going back on that. I have yet to see them resurrect a product like that.
 To the best of my recollection it happened once several years ago. It seems highly unlikely, yet the claim comes up every time a refresh seems overdue. I would call it less likely now due to their size and required volume.
I can't find any Broadwell chips suitable for the 15" that have been released as of yet. Perhaps your results differ?
Well I could see them losing the discrete gpu, but it's highly unlikely that the 15" will go away. It's the most popular notebook size among other oems, and it's likely that it consolidated the majority of 17" purchases when that one went away. Their gpu options suck anyway, especially given the level of markup.
I fixed it for you.
That's not a very exciting one. Where's HAMETA anyway?
Quote:It's unlikely that it's a retroactive thing. I think that's just ambiguity in the way it's reported. Their tax policy overall should be consistent and as free of unintentional edge cases as possible. This is obviously separate from the amount assessed.
Strangely they seem to be accurate. That seems ridiculously high considering the cost to replace an old battery or charger.