or Connect

Posts by hmm

Lenovo has some of the nicer solutions if you want workstation drivers + lots of ram. It works for what you suggest or for running many VMs. Most oems still don't put more than the hardware equivalent of a 650m into a 15" case. Unless you absolutely must be mobile, it gets to the point where a desktop/workstation provides a far better solution, especially for those of us who prefer a large display + secondary display for reference/notes/etc due to a hatred of everything...
I definitely don't think they'll do that again. I suspect they initially planned to have at least the 21" models shipping right after that announcement. Personally I thought they would delay any major design changes by a generation if they were running that far behind. My predictions are often wrong, but I usually just make them tangential to cumulative behavior over the past 3 year~ span. It's just speculation on my part. They have been more aggressive than I expected...
I'm curious is your comment in relation to general computer use or something like CAD, illustration, or general content creation?
I'm still a little shocked that they took the imac off the market that long.   I usually look one generation past their major changes. Intel has another die shrink after that. If Apple is switching now, that is probably the interesting one. For lighter users any gpu works as long as it is stable and reasonably free of glitches. I feel that point is often overlooked.   They have used them internally in the past. There are always parts that are considered user serviceable...
Like I said it was a long time ago when I tried it. These things do evolve. I found the experience a bit polarizing in that I would really like one thing and hate another. If it's for personal use and you're on a strict budget, why not try something like Blender? The downside is once again the renderer. Assuming you don't want something extremely math heavy with some amount of code involved, that can be a sticking point with 3d packages. If it's for personal use, you...
Out of curiosity, was it due to Apple's tendency to lower barriers of entry when it comes to software through low minimum hardware requirements and pricing? They aren't generally known for extremely regular updates when it comes to "pro apps". My experience with Modo is very very limited. I tried it a couple years ago. The renderer seemed a bit limiting with the standard shader package. I didn't examine the API to see how extendable it was, so I can't comment there. At...
Where did you read that? Also assuming that is true, how do you know it wasn't a request with a minimum quantity attached? You can't just latch onto every rumor that way.
  Considering the foundry absorbed luxology, I wouldn't count on it.
I think Apple in general has a lot of experience in determining what people will accept. It seems like they tend to go for something when "acceptable" is attainable within an extra generation. I am doubtful on that one. The rmbp switched to pentalobe screws at the bottom. The bottom shell itself uses Apple's choice of anti-tamper screws. That isn't really a positive sign. The choice to go with soldered seems like it was a matter of height and viewing upgradable ram as a...
  I wouldn't automatically make that assumption. Apple makes the most out of all of them, but that doesn't make Apple Intel's biggest customer when you consider the percentage of Apple's annual sales that is completely unrelated to Intel.