or Connect

Posts by hmm

The 1.8 is listed as a 2012 model in the chart. That would make it "Ivy" rather than "Sandy".
That is a stupid statement reeking of fanboyism. You don't deserve Apple. Steve never loved you. *tattoos Apple logo on chest*   It has a lot of valid use cases. As misa points out, it's a pain in the ass to manage. Some software is released and supported on specific linux kernels, just because it provides a lightweight/powerful OS.   Get your eyes checked or learn to identify a socket. It's not difficult to spot. Soldered here would take up a lot of extra board space and...
I hate cables. As I said they're really leveraging peripherals designed with notebooks in mind. They're external for notebooks due to lack of space and access. Otherwise computing typically goes the direction of tighter integration. This goes against the flow to leverage things designed for what has become popular.     I missed that.   Quote: I would agree about HTML5 and extend it to anything that employs javascript in general. I've wanted a Linux Creative Suite for...
GPUs really don't change that fast at the extreme end, and you wouldn't be able to upgrade the cpu very far anyway. Ivy EP cpus should work, but anything after that will be a different chipset again. I won't be too excited until I have all the details. This includes support from software developers and stable well supported storage options. It's not easy for me to see how the synergy will work out so far given that this is a pretty drastic change. They mentioned the...
Same experience with SMART. It will only detect mechanical failure, and typically only at the brink of destruction if at all. The metadata can be somewhat helpful, but that requires a third party app to view in OSX. I'm not sure about Windows on that one. I would have preferred NVidia as CUDA is still a better match for certain things. It appears to have a lot of thunderbolt ports relative to the number of devices out for thunderbolt. I've indicated before that I think...
Yeah as I said fan fiction shoehorned into a troll post. This is especially true as the concept goes against the basic goals Apple and computing companies in general have approached. It's generally smaller, more integrated, and more personal. Workstation concepts are their own thing. Apple doesn't necessarily offer some of the features offered by others. You can pump the specs to quite a degree. That's not always it. The concept of a blade server made of minis could be...
I never find hardware announcements that exciting. Sometimes I get excited about software, but it's usually a case of where it enables something that I wouldn't have deemed either doable or practical with prior software.
The thread started with what was basically fan fiction shoehorned into a troll post. Not only did you bump it, but you bumped it quoting the OP? Really? He has never been credible.
  Were game engines as elaborate back then?
I thought you would be one of his few supporters.