or Connect

Posts by zebu

No new information here. I find it odd Ericsson is engaging publishing rumors. I haven't see this in any recent posts so forgive me if it's already been covered. www.ericsson.com/bluetooth/news/inthepress/default.asp?action=spec&id=394 Apple Computer CEO Steve Jobs previously showed little interest in the PAN concept. But at the recent Macworld Expo, Mr. Jobs...
HalfLife was ported some time ago but Sierra in their infinite wisdom killed the product instead of distributing it.
I've seen a couple places are serving what they claim is a 10.2 beta. Does anyone have a features list?
the 1394b spec is faster than 800Mbs. from: www.e-insite.net/electronicnews/index.asp?layout=arti cle&articleId=CA91031 [quote]IEEE 1394b allows extensions to 800Mbit/sec., 1.6Gbit/sec. and 3.2Gbit/sec., all over copper wire. It supports long-distance transfers to 100 meters over a variety of media: CAT-5 unshielded cable at 100Mbit/sec., existing plastic...
I'm not supporting claims of the next 10 release being 64bit, I think it's way too soon and little benefit unless you're playing with a lot of data. But the claims of a 64bit version of 10 making all other processors out of date are wrong. 10/HFS allows you to combine code for different platforms into a single FAT binary. For example I could give you a FAT version of Photoshop with both PPC and x86 code and the operating system would pick the appropriate segment to...