or Connect

Posts by fastasleep

Yes, they already have Messenger, and a desktop client to go with it. Or, I could just add my Yahoo! account to Messages on my Mac (as you can with your Google, AOL/Aim account, etc). Or on mobile, I can add it to any number of platform-agnostic messaging apps that behave the same way (though in my experience, the ones I've tried suck pretty badly). The difference is that NOW they're adding their own 1st party mobile client? That's the news? This warrants a press event?
The way to champion gay rights is to make it blend seamlessly with the rest of society, without having to "make it clear". The fact the line is blurry here means we're getting closer. Apple is making progress here. 
Why does it matter? do you want to know what their childhoods were like too?
Looks like they used an acetone-based cleaner or something. I learned not to do that with my old 17" ColorSync back in the day. :/
 It's a gold mine. I have a few submissions of my own in there. :) I'd go hang out on there for a while after Flash CS 5.5 would crash for the half dozenth time in day from the same bug and erase my progress.  I should've taken screen grabs of all the Creative Cloud installer errors I got while updating to 2015, each one asking me to go quit certain open applications... which were actually effing background processes (at least one of which was one of Adobe's with no actual...
Here comes the hover-to-reveal mystery meat navigation a la iTunes 12 to iOS.
 Without swearing *at you*, I'd like to point out that as someone who's been using Photoshop since 1.0, Adobe's UI situation has been a steaming pile of shit for quite some time now, their full-screen mode included. Or rather, I don't find their full screen mode less shitty than any other aspect of their UI. I used to take breaks whenever I'd get frustrated and visit http://adobegripes.tumblr.com just to remind myself that I wasn't alone. Sadly, that Tumblr isn't updated...
I don't think I've ever pictured open apps living behind the Springboard, so that'll take some getting used to. My gut tells me it should be far left and underneath them all — but with Apple, I *assume* they've thought this through and the hierarchy is being represented the 'correct' way, and I was wrong. :)   I also realize sometimes they're just wrong about stuff (see iTunes), so maybe not.
That button invokes Clippy.
I can see this being useful in developing areas/off the grid situations (or The Road/Fallout-style post-apocalyptic environs), but otherwise this is just polishing a turd.   Disposable alkaline batteries are garbage. Anyone still using those for commonly used household devices — stop and switch to a decent set of rechargeable. Yes, they are expensive in comparison, initially. But I'm surprised at how few people seem to know they last SO much longer for each use than...