or Connect

Posts by vvswarup

This is nothing more than "sour grapes." I guarantee that Google would be singing a whole different tune right now if they had won the auction. They would be salivating over their shiny new toys. Also, it's complete BS that Google didn't care about Nortel's patents. Google cared enough to bid $4 billion for them. I laugh my head off every time someone dismiss Apple as being long on marketing and short on substance. Google is no slouch in the marketing department....
So HTC effectively paid $300 million for junk.
If you think AAPL is overvalued, sell your shares. But be clear about how you define words like "overvalued" or "bubble." On a similar note, you've probably seen the media describe social networking as the "next tech bubble" but so far, there is no data to back that up. Similarly, a lot of people seem to think that AAPL is overvalued. This talk sprang up when Apple overtook Microsoft in market cap. They thought AAPL was overvalued. Clearly that was not the case. Right...
Post this on a pro-Android forum where people are always rooting against Apple and wishing for their failure. Tell them that competition is good for them and that if Apple fails, it will stall innovation.
You'll get no objection from me on this.Now, let's not forget that Apple is no stranger to these kinds of marketing tactics. However, taking swipes at the kingpin and calling it an amateur was never at the core of Apple's marketing strategy. But, then they compounded the problem by launching their 'shoot the messenger' service when confronted with tough questions at media events. That kind of lost them the final morsels of sympathy, as we have seen this movie before and...
RIM should do away with having co-CEOs. There should be only one Chief Executive Officer.
Apple has gotten too big and powerful. As consumers, we are suffering because Apple is just resting on their laurels. This victory against HTC is making Steve Jobs' head larger than it already is so I have a plan to bring back some competition and make Apple innovate. First things first, the US federal government should seize Apple, not buy them out, but nationalize them. Apple has a $70 billion cash hoard. That's too much. It's the cause of all the problems, such as...
What prevented those competing smartphones from innovating around Apple's patents? The point you are making may apply to patents that a company simply bought up. For example, it may apply to Nortel's patents. The government did not want some company just buying them up and suing others with it. If Apple developed those patents internally, then your point should not apply at all. As I see it, Apple put in countless hours on coming up with that patented technology. Apple...
A patent gives the owner the exclusive right to the underlying technology. Apple has every right to keep its innovations to itself. Put yourself in Apple's shoes. See how you would like it if the government forced you share what you spend million of dollars on.
Folks, quit getting worked up over Ballmer's jabs at Apple. That's a part of the game. In case you all have forgotten, Steve Jobs is known to take swipes at competitors. Remember "2011: Year of the Copycats?" Also, he derisively remarked back in October that the slew of 7-inch tablets coming to the market should come with sandpaper so that users can file their fingers so that they can type on those tablets. And he has publicly vilified Google and Adobe. It's the job of...