or Connect

Posts by vvswarup

My point too. The government did not do anything, other than approve the iPad for use in airlines. First of all, people who want to dismiss the iPad as a "useless toy" will have to take the FAA's approval of it for cockpit use into account. Also, I was kind of stretching the truth about the government buying these for pilots. My apologies.
But, but the iPad is just a toy! What is wrong with the government? They're spending my tax dollars on toys!!
I saw a report the other day which billed the situation with FCPX a scandal that's several times worse than "Antennagate." I don't understand all the hullabaloo over FCPX. What's the big deal if video pros decide to switch to an Adobe product? Talk to me when those video pros start using Windows machines instead of Macs. The amount of money that Apple makes from sales of software like FCPX is probably chump change compared to what Apple makes off of stuff like its...
H.264 is royalty-free for all free content. Licensees have to pay royalties if they use H.264 to host paid content.
Symantec did not come out and say "iOS is more secure than Android." They compared the two OSs on a set of specific aspects, like malware protection and data integrity. Symantec affirmed that the "curated App Store" works in protecting against malware. But Symantec mentioned that encryption is a weakness in iOS. Here's a link to a story on MacWorld: http://www.macworld.com/article/1608..._security.html. To say that "iOS is more secure than Android" is...
I was waiting for someone to try and pin this on Apple. How exactly is Apple responsible for this? And also, what legal ramifications do you foresee? I've got news for you. The NY Post is a business. It made a business decision to charge for content. There's nothing illegal about that.
I've said it a thousand times already. At the end of the day, the bottom line is the only number that matters. So far, Apple is winning where it matters: profitability.
Tell me about it! Everyone who likes to trot out Android's leading market share should remember that at the end of the day, the amount of profits you make is the only thing that matters. I was talking to a family friend a couple of months ago and he suggested that I sell my Apple stock because of Android's popularity. He said that as Android's market share grows, that would put a dent in Apple's profits. Boy am I glad I didn't listen to him. I know in the future to never...
It's called business! As a consumer, it's your responsibility to decide if the product you're getting is worth the money you're paying for it. If you don't like it, choose another product. No one is forcing you to buy an iPad.
The UI looks nice. Ever since I saw WP7, I have always felt that it is highly underrated. But what we've seen so far is a graphical overlay. Until Microsoft demonstrates Windows 8 on an actual piece of hardware in person, Windows 8 is nothing more than vaporware. Frankly, I don't get why companies announce/preview a product when they have no intention of releasing it in the next couple of months or so. Actually, scratch that, I do understand why. Companies can use this...