or Connect

Posts by vvswarup

It's called business! As a consumer, it's your responsibility to decide if the product you're getting is worth the money you're paying for it. If you don't like it, choose another product. No one is forcing you to buy an iPad.
The UI looks nice. Ever since I saw WP7, I have always felt that it is highly underrated. But what we've seen so far is a graphical overlay. Until Microsoft demonstrates Windows 8 on an actual piece of hardware in person, Windows 8 is nothing more than vaporware. Frankly, I don't get why companies announce/preview a product when they have no intention of releasing it in the next couple of months or so. Actually, scratch that, I do understand why. Companies can use this...
Get that stuff out of here! Those companies went public so they could raise more capital, simple as that. If companies think that "financial advisors" are only interested in profits and they don't care about good products, they shouldn't have gone public in the first place. You can't have the cake and eat it at the same time. Also, a company's job is to make profits. Face it, pal. If you were in their position (financial advisors), you would also look for profits.
Get off your high horse and read the post! The kid was getting parts from Apple's manufacturing partners and selling them. They carried the Apple logo and branding.
Wilt Chamberlain had it right: "No one roots for Goliath." Back in the day, everyone hated on Microsoft. Microsoft was Goliath. It threw its weight around. Everybody else was a little guy trying his hardest to take down the big, bad Goliath. Apple has become that company now. It has gotten so big and successful that everything it does is "mean, unfair, and anticompetitive," never mind that everybody else is doing the same stuff. Foxconn has plenty of customers...
Apple is not overriding anything. Minimum length warranty is probably required. However, the manufacturer can set conditions under which that warranty will be honored, and that's exactly what Apple is doing.
Enterprise users can run their own "private app store" only if the apps will be used internally. The rationale is simple. Apple develops and maintains the App Store infrastructure. Developers get to make money off of the public using apps hosted on the App Store. As far as Apple is concerned, developers are making money off of the public using a platform wholly owned by Apple. In my opinion, it is Apple's right to set limitations on how its App Store is used. Enterprise...
Couldn't have put it any better.
Processors using older technologies are produced in fabs outside the country, such as China, since that IP is not very important. Processors based on newer technologies are fabricated in US fabs. For example, apparently, the Core 2 Duo processors are manufactured in China or other countries where it is cheaper to produce them.
I'm not denying that at all. Intel has a fab in China and other countries in the world, but most of its fabs are in the USA. I don't doubt that. All I'm saying is that don't think that Intel keeps its fabs in the USA out of some altruistic concern for American jobs. Intel wants to protect its IP, and it's easier to keep an eye on fabs if they're in the US.