or Connect

Posts by vvswarup

For years, Apple was on the receiving end of elitist rhetoric. We had people like Dell calling for Apple to shut down and give the money back to shareholders. We had Steve Ballmer derisively dismiss the iPhone as being too expensive. When the iPad came out, everyone and their mother was racing to declare it an utter failure, calling Apple stupid for making it look like a "giant iPod Touch." People lampooned the iPad name ruthlessly, with a reference to female personal...
Apple is not a pure hardware company. Apple is a software company too. They develop the operating system for their hardware.
I don't define success as "making money" and failure as "not making money." What I'm saying is that when it comes to a for-profit entity like Google, the "sucess" of a product or service has to translate into making money. It probably cost money to develop that product/service. If you can't recoup that investment within an acceptable timeframe, you won't be in business very long.   I say this to refute people's claims that Google does what it does out of some motive...
For a business, "success" has to translate into making money. That's how you pay your employees. That's how you pay for components to make the next great product.    And your statement that Google may be just trying to "elevate the level of technology out in the world" is one of the most asinine statements I have heard in a while. The fact that Google spouts such patently false nonsense makes it even worse. Google wants to make money as much as the next corporation. The...
What should Apple have said? "Stop selling off our stock."
Moral of the story: Never listen to a sell-side analyst from Wall Street. This is doubly important for Apple. I find it laughable when they throw out suggestions for products that Apple should sell, like a 5-inch iPhone or a cheaper iPhone. Do they seriously think they can run Apple better than Tim Cook and his team? 
What choice did Apple have? They had to honor their deal with AT&T.
Why does the US deserve 35% of profits earned due to sales overseas? And Apple is just making the best of the system that Congress has created. While many like to say that the "system that Congress has created" is a misnomer because companies hire lobbyists, this article points out that Apple has never been big on lobbying. They're "doubling lobbying spending" to $4 million, pocket change for a company the size of Apple. They've never really spent that much on lobbying...
The world crying foul over Ireland's low tax rates sounds like the sore loser who gets a bad grade on an exam and accuses the person who scored the highest of cheating. I am disgusted with Congress. If they were really serious about "making corporations/wealthy pay their fair share," they would get their act together and pass some legislation to close those "evil loopholes" that are "depriving America of revenue." Instead, they're bashing another country for attracting...
If people want to nitpick, they'll always find a reason to do so. Apple shouldn't waste its time trying to please tabloid journalists who write trash to get hits. Let's go through the accusations leveled against Apple:   - Labor practices: We've been hearing iHaters criticize Apple for years about using "slave labor." On articles that raked Apple over the coals over labor practices at its contractors' facilities, commenters vehemently declared that they would never buy...