or Connect

Posts by alexkhan2000

Got the 32GB Verizon cellular ordered and to be delivered by Dec 4 at the latest. Will be very nice to have this along with the iPad Air for a 2-week business trip to China and Indonesia that starts on Dec 8. Perfect timing.
  I'm not a "Pro" by any means. I'm just your average small business and family guy so all the goods that Apple provides now are more than enough. But I can certainly understand the plights of the long-time loyal pro users who feel neglected by Apple. I'm in the musical instruments and equipment industry and work with serious pro musicians and video artists who feel like they're being abandoned in favor of the everyday people just trying to get through the day with their...
It does seem that Apple, considering how big it has gotten over the past several years, is no longer immune to the global macro economic conditions that have dogged other companies. The results are still outstanding by any measure, but it does seem that the days of year-over-year 70% revenue and 100%+ earnings growth are over.   Apple's business is now much more complex than it was only a few years ago when you consider the iCloud and other services-oriented...
  One year cycle is just too long when the new latest Android stuff come out every few months that leapfrog each other. There is simply no way that Apple can claim to have the technological "lead" when they have to wait a year to release new products - especially with mobile devices, not so much with PC's. Apple can go for significant new launches once per year and spec upgrades in between. This could also smoothen out the seasonality peaks and valleys somewhat and not...
Okay, I get it now. Just looked it up on Apple's Support site:   http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5441
Okay. But I'm wondering why Apple added the icloud.com to my "master" account? When I go to Preferences on Mail and click on the Accounts section, the icloud.com email address has been added to the Alias. I didn't add this myself. I can also receive iMessages to this address. But when I try sending a test email to the icloud.com address, it doesn't go through. Just curious what this is about.
I noticed that I now have icloud.com domain for my me.com email addresses (including my wife's). The MBA, iMac, two iPads and two iPhones in my household were all asking if the icloud.com email addresses can be used to received messages, FaceTime calls, etc. I checked the accounts setting on Mail on the MBA and it automatically set up the icloud.com address to go with the me.com address. I tried sending and receiving from the new icloud.com address but it's not working....
This will all be forgotten in a year - just like Antennagate.
I’d say the likes of Google, Samsung, Microsoft, Asus, etc. are more concerned about Amazon than Apple is. Although Apple clearly competes with Amazon in a certain segment of the market (mainly content distribution), I think they have a complementary and symbiotic relationship in that they share many of the same customers – such as myself and the family. Amazon is carving out a niche (albeit a big one) for itself as it has a business model that’s very unlike that of...
This obviously isn't a surprise. You wonder if an independent Apple advocate group needs to monitor these things and report them to keep things balanced out there. You read the mainstream blogs and comments on the boards of Yahoo! and sites like that and it's obvious there's a concerted smear campaign going on against Apple. One of the most common comments is: "I won't be buying stuff from Apple because they use child labor in China." Whether a comment like this comes...