or Connect

Posts by alexkhan2000

I think Hurd did good, if nothing spectacular. He needed to right the wavering HP ship after the mess he inherited from Fiorina. He's a brick-and-mortar operations kind of guy, not the flashy and charismatic guys like Ellison and Jobs. I think this is a good move on Ellison's part. His two co-presidents Philips and Catz are from a banking/financial industry background. With Hurd replacing Phillips, Oracle now has the right guy who understands the hardware aspect of the...
Ahh, yes, the anonymous Internet know-it-alls here know a lot more about this industry than Jobs and his team of executives do. Yeah, we may work in a totally unrelated industry but we are all smarter and see all these things that they don't. Yes, Jobs and his lieutenants are reading all of your posts on AI to plan their next big move since all of you guys are so much smarter than they are. I notice a pattern here since I visit forums ranging from MLB baseball to high-end...
Google has become a very boring and predictable company.
No, that's just how the industry works. Actually, things like this are common in various industries in which the OEM supplier also develops and markets their own branded products. The LG Display business unit is under a mandate to be as efficient and profitable as possible. If they don't deliver, there are other sources (like LG's archenemy Samsung) that Apple could go to in the future. LG Display doesn't really care whether they sell the displays to Apple or LG...
I totally understand that. I have no intention of buying an HP webOS-based phone or tablet. I'm just interested in what HP can come up with and how they plan to fight the iOS/Android onslaught. It doesn't seem they're interested in the Android at all at this point in time. They're betting on the webOS and Windows Phone 7 and I find that strategy interesting from a business standpoint.
I've never operated an HP PC in my life but that doesn't surprise me. HP has become the Samsung of the PC industry.
Haven't seen the webOS and sure don't have any interest in actually buying one. I'm just interested in seeing what HP comes up with. They've got their "fans."
I'm very interested in what HP comes up with the webOS. I've always liked Palm's stuff. HP is actually a pretty strong PC brand. I'll always choose their printer over anyone else's although I'm sure an Epson or Canon or Lexmark or whatever will do a competent job.
You make it sound like million is more than a billion? Perhaps you meant to switch that around? I think Macs are great for small businesses (which may be from a one-man shop to 1000 employees), but I don't see Macs being adopted by many companies larger than that and I don't think Apple is really interested in the large enterprise market. It seems Apple is content to let Dell, Acer, Lenovo and HP, etc. duke it out with their $300~$500 PC's. Fortunately, I work in a small...
These generic hardware makers will be beating up on each other much more than they beat up on Apple. How will they differentiate their wares from each other's when they all have the same but fragmented OS? It will end up just being like the commoditized low-margin PC market but it will be even more cutthroat as Acer will not only have to deal with the likes of Dell and Lenovo but with consumer electronics giants like Samsung, LG, and Sony as well as a slew of other smaller...