or Connect

Posts by alexkhan2000

LG is under a lot of pressure to right their ship. Their handset business has really gone down over the past several quarters. LG's arch rival is Samsung, not Apple. Here's an interesting article about how Android simply pursues the the bottom of the barrel in the smartphone market ever since the iPhone was launched in 2007. Literally, Apple came out of nowhere to become the most profitable cellphone (not just the smartphone) maker in the world. The most telling statistic:...
I agree. I think it's interesting that Apple's resurgence was due to leveraging their unique closed and vertically integrated proprietary system and adapting it to the wide-open Internet standards (and, to a lesser degree, adopting PC hardware standards like USB, Intel, etc.). Apple's vertical integration still is and will remain Apple's differentiator. Motorola? Samsung? LG? They've become the new HP, Dell and Acer. There is indeed a striking similarity between the PC...
Korean conglomerates like Samsung and LG that dabble in everything from semiconductors and rice cookers to selling insurance and ship construction have come a long way. I should know: I was born in Korea and have observed their growth and transformation into global companies with much interest. That being said, their weakness has always been the lack of creativity and innovation in their products. Do they have any sort of software products that they've developed to speak...
Man, that's pretty cool. And she's pretty cute.
It's a good ad. Apple did a nice job. The term "magical" is fine with me. To the totally non-techie types like my wife and kids who are 10 and 6, it is indeed "magical" to them when they mess with one at an Apple Store. All of us want one bad, but I'm holding out for version 2 next year.
I'm a Korean-American and visit there on a regular basis. The airport is great in that it's super clean and ultra modern, but I do think it's just too damn big and impersonal. Although there's a bit of nationalist streak in Koreans, the "upscale" types really love "luxury" brand imports of all types and Apple's stuff is definitely considered as such over there. I also travel a lot on business to other parts of Asia (mainly China) and Europe and they all consider Apple a...
I agree that it's too heavy for in-hand reading. I've spent a lot of time with one that a co-worker has and I spent a lot more time with it as well at a local Apple Store. It really is cool and I want one to take on weekend trips or vacations when I just don't want to deal with my 15" MacBook on such occasions, but I'll wait until I see what Apple comes out with the next iterations. I'd have to try a 7" one side by side with the current 9.7" and consider the tradeoffs. The...
I'm sure it's all speculation at this point in time and we have no idea what Apple is really working on, but I, for one, would welcome Apple getting into the TV business. Since Apple is as much of a hardware company as they're a software and content provider, I think they could come up with something that just may work in a seamless manner. I can also see them using the liquid metal deal to produce really cool looking stuff. I'm not much of a TV watcher but part of the...