or Connect

Posts by alexkhan2000

Not that I would ever need a Mac Pro but I believe Apple needs to stay in the pro computer market for all the reasons already posted. It may be a very small portion of Apple's overall business but there's still a certain type of cachet to offer the most powerful 'PC' in the world in the marketplace. I can certainly understand why Apple decided to scrap the XServe but I don't think it's wise to discontinue the Mac Pro and abandon the loyal pro content creators. My...
Yes, no logical reason but there are obviously other motives going on here - mainly those that are spawn out of jealousy and nothing breeds contempt and hatred like jealousy. Apple has become so successful, so rich, and so powerful that the media, the competitors, the haters, etc. are ganging up to create any sort of FUD about Apple whenever and wherever they can. That's what's going on here. Apple has become the new rich neighbor up on the hilltop that all the envious...
I'm sure you've heard some stories that are almost unimaginable here in the States.One factory manager there told me that a worker had part of his finger cut off operating a bandsaw. He was given a leave of absence with full pay along with more compensation from the government for the accident. He liked that so much that when he returned, he suspiciously got in another "accident" that cut off the part of a finger of his other hand.Another story is that the factory workers...
Have you traveled extensively throughout China? Have you experienced the pollution first-hand in Beijing and other large cities there? Apple's business in China is minuscule compared to everything else being produced there as I alluded to in my earlier post. Environment groups in China is almost like an oxymoron. Is this particular group an agency of the government? In global summits regarding environmental matters, it's always China that refuses to accept caps on how much...
This is so silly that it's laughable. I've been going to China since '93 for supply chain and QC matters in the musical instrument industry which deals with woods, paint, plastic, cheap metals, etc. The factories I deal with on a regular basis make Foxconn look like a luxury resort. Some factories that I visited there are/were so scary that I refused to go on a tour of the facilities. One facility that does the rough woodworking for guitars and ukeleles had only one...
Korea is the most wired nation in the world. It's as though every nook and cranny of the country has access to high-speed Internet. I go to Seoul on business every 2~3 months and it's just amazing how technologically advanced the place is. And despite the ominous presence of Samsung and LG wherever you turn, Apple is extremely popular there. The new iPad will be a big hit in Korea.
Personally, I don't see a need for one but I'll definitely buy one or two for the kids if it's in the $250~300 range this Xmas. I've tried the Kindle Fire and other 7~8" tabs and I think this size has its uses. I have the older Kindle and prefer reading on that over the iPad 2. It has its own form factor and I don't think it's something Apple could ignore. I wouldn't use it to write long emails on it but I don't do that with the iPad either. I think it'd be great for...
Ha! I see that the haters and the trolls are particularly bored on this Good Friday. :roll eyes: Isn't life too short to be so concerned about stuff you don't care about? But I guess some people just get off on needling others who don't think like they do for the sake of it or to kill time. Whatever turns you on... Thought maybe there'd be an interesting discussion going on when I saw the post count for this thread but it's just the same ole trolls who have nothing...
Here is a link to a recent Forbes article that probably is on the high-end of the bullish optimism scale:http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericjack...e-end-of-2015/ As you say, the boundaries between computing, telecommunications, all forms of media, and the Internet are not only blurring, but breaking down with these diverse areas becoming forever intertwined. And there is no other company better positioned to adapt to this massive paradigm shift than Apple. No one else is even...
I see no reason why Apple couldn't reach $1 trillion in market cap by 2014. What a lot of Apple critics, pundits, and haters always seem to ignore is Apple's room for growth in the global handset and PC markets (around 9 and 6% shares, respectively) while the tablet market is just getting started and will quadruple over the next few years. Apple is only scratching the surface of China and it's already the second-largest market in the world for Apple. Then there are other...