or Connect

Posts by alexkhan2000

That's true about one financial statement under Samsung Electronics but the semiconductor and display divisions are the pillar of the company. They don't have the surface glamour of its TV and mobile divisions that market its own branded products but these divisions are the like the engine that keeps the overall Samsung machine rolling.The relationship between Apple and Samsung is very interesting, almost fascinating. As antagonistic as they are on the mobile front, they...
LG will step up eventually. LG is Samsung's primary rival in Korea and very capable of catching up with Samsung. In Korea, Samsung is like Coke and LG is like Pepsi: no love lost between those two behemoths. Apple will get chummier and chummier with LG as well as Sharp and whoever else can step up and provide what Apple needs. Apple is the customer here and Apple is the one that can decide where to get the stuff, not Samsung. Samsung's chip and display divisions just sit...
Ultimately, it's still an Apple product and Apple is making a lot more money than Samsung. And Google... And Microsoft... In a few years Apple will dwarf these companies.
But Samsung relies on Android for the functionality of it. And they'll do a lot of Windows as well in the future. They have Bada but does anyone really believe they'll ditch Android for it? Samsung also has no real ecosystem of their own to speak of. They're totally dependent on Google on the software side of things and they're not very happy about that. Apple doesn't and shouldn't be involved with the manufacturing of screws or camera lenses or mechanical buttons, etc....
That's true but Samsung's chip and display divisions don't really care about what's going on elsewhere; they're just occupied with keeping their factories humming and profitable. I'm sure the people there give Apple the red carpet treatment.
Do you know of a phone or tablet maker that has the technologies of everything that goes into one?
Cooperation between competitors is very normal in this industry. Apple works closely with Google and Microsoft as well on certain things while competing viciously in other areas. It's always been like this. Yeah, I do understand that this relationship with Samsung is somewhat different considering all the lawsuits being hurled at each other but the truth of the matter is that they also need each other in the grand scheme of things: Apple needs the very best possible...
I'm neutral on this matter. If it happens, I wouldn't be surprised. If it doesn't, that wouldn't surprise me either. If Apple decides to do it they must have a good reason for doing it. If not, there must be just as many good reasons as well. I myself don't see a need for one but I can see why some people would want it. I travel a lot around the world and airports and inside of airplanes are a good place to see what's being used and what's not. I do see a decent number...
As a Korean-American myself, this is a good thing to see. I can say for certain that a lot of Koreans and Korean-Americans despise Samsung and this family conglomerate's utter dominance of the Korean economy. The Samsung Group accounts for like 20% of South Korea's GDP dabbling in everything from ship construction to selling life insurance and from running hotel chains to providing financial services. The Chairman/CEO Lee Kun-Hee was convicted of tax evasion and conspiracy...
Agreed about the specific areas of those critical technologies and I'm sure it extends to wireless networking technologies and things like mechanical switches, metallurgy, etc., all the way to package design and materials. I mean, look at Apple's power supplies. Yes, it really is amazing to ponder the scale and scope of what Apple is doing. It makes everyone else look like total amateurs. From a business perspective, it's like watching the World Series champs beat up on...