or Connect

Posts by alexkhan2000

The gap between Apple and the competition is growing by the day. It's not about the specs on the phones and tablets anymore. It just isn't and the droid fans just don't get that.Who does the whole widget like Apple? Apple does industrial design, chip design, hardware design and engineering, in-house OS and broad apps development all tuned to the hardware, content through iTunes, cloud services through iCloud, etc. all the way to the best retail stores in any industry....
And now we can beam photos too from the iPhone to iPad and vice versa. With the 4S that my wife and I have we hardly ever use the Nikon digital camera anymore. And if we do, we just use the SD card to plug into our Macs and they automatically sync wirelessly to our iDevices. I bought the camera kit for the iPad 2 and haven't used it at all. I just don't get this whining by the Android crowd about the USB port and SD card slot.
I used it for a while but I still mainly use Office docs to collaborate with other Windows/Office users so I'm sticking with Dropbox for now. It does seem Mountain Lion will offer Dropbox-like capabilities in terms of storing and sharing documents on iCloud. That would be a most welcome development.
I like the new interface. It's all just a matter of getting used to something different and new. I know a lot of people don't like change of any sort but this seems easier to get around to me. Wife and kids like it and have no problem getting around on it either.
I think the MBA and MBP are different categories and that Apple will keep both lines going. I had a 15" '08 MBP for years and then replaced it last year with the 13" MBA. Since I travel on business nearly half the time the MBA has been a real back saver. At home I hook up the MBA to the Thunderbolt Display and it's like working on a whole different desktop workstation with all the connections and peripherals I need. So, personally, I want the laptop as light as...
Agreed. Well, Apple rolls out one update per year for all of its major products so it should be a significant update. Compare this fact to stuff coming out from the likes of Samsung, LG, HTC, Motorola, Sony, etc. every few months. The screen is a big deal. There's just no comparison between the screens of my iPhone 4S and that of the iPad 2. A Retina (or something close to) Display on the iPad will be amazing. After all, the display screen itself is the computer that...
Yep. This is just a natural path to follow after the living room as well as the enterprise. I'm sure something like this has been in the works for a while now but I'm sure Apple will get more and more deeply involved as time goes by with the major auto companies. Apple still has a long way to go as far as conquering the living room. After that, I can even imagine Apple getting into home automation and even security industry. Long-term, another area Apple may be able to...
I understand what Google is trying to do: just get as many eyeballs onto their platform as possible to sell ads. But that's all that Google is driven by - to sell people and their info to advertisers. They're just an Internet real estate hog that attracts people with freebies (some good, some okay, some horrible) so they can sell targeted advertising. I remember using web-based Gmail and corresponding with a friend in Korea writing in the Korean language. All of a sudden I...
And what is Google really getting out of all these activations? Apple's business model is so much more attractive: quality over quantity, profits over low-margin volume... Value for the customers in terms of usability and quality of experience (no fragmentation, no malware, etc.)... Apple's net profits were $3 billion more than Google's revenues last quarter. Apple accounted for around 75% of the mobile phone industry's profits. What is Google really accomplishing...
Like Samsung... But Foxconn is a different kind of company than Samsung and I don't really foresee Foxconn trying to develop, manufacture and market their own-branded products.