or Connect

Posts by alexkhan2000

I'm sure that PC had the NeXTStep or OpenStep OS as NeXT had an Intel version for years before Apple acquired NeXT that brought Jobs back to Apple.
Complete relief from the pain he's had to deal with over all these years... Jobs was certainly no Christian so let's get that whole BS out of the way. What happens after one finally loses consciousness is not even worth debating. Why bother? Most likely, we just return to the state before we were born. Do you remember what you were doing before you were born? Steve felt all the pain go away. That's worthy of "OH WOW!"
So much for the DigiTimes rumor... http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavi...or-hp-pc-unit/ In a way I was hoping that Samsung would go for it to have an albatross around their neck but they're not that dumb. They're not interested in the truck business.
Partly true. Samsung semiconductor division is part of Samsung Electronics, which is part of the greater Samsung conglomerate group which dabbles in everything from shipbuilding to selling insurance and from constructing apartment complexes to running hotel and hospital chains.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Electronics It's true that Samsung's semiconductor business unit really doesn't care where their orders come from - Apple or Samsung's own mobile division. Sure...
The comments from these wanna-be's are as predictable as their me-too products.
Not surprising, really. It's sort of what you expect from Samsung.
The Samsung conglomerate (largest in the world) generates over $200 billion in revenue per year and that accounts for roughly 20% of the entire South Korean economy. Samsung Electronics alone has a market cap of over $130 billion. For one, Samsung is just way too big and sprawling for Apple as Samsung dabbles in everything from washers and rice cookers to displays and semiconductors in their electronics division alone. The Samsung Group has a shipbuilding company that...
They were both forced into this deal. They really had no other choice. It's do-or-die desperation time for these behemoths. Combining two dinosaurs won't produce a mammal. This deal will obviously help Apple more as it really focuses more on stemming the Android tide from Samsung, LG, SE, HTC and Motorola than the iOS devices. Sure they want Apple's action as well but their main worry is Android. This deal buys Apple some time to come up with a more comprehensive market...
I agree that there isn't a whole lot that can be done besides making the TV a big computer screen that accesses the web and that's not what most people want on their TV. I'm not much of TV watcher at all and got the new ATV with the Netflix account to replace the Verizon FiOS TV and love it to watch a few movies and documentaries a month as well as streaming iTunes stuff (mainly music) from the iMac and a MBP I have at home. As my TV is 46" and I watch from over 10 feet...
Samsung is just a very uninteresting company when it comes to product development and marketing. "Digital humanism?" Just inventing catchy (or corny) phrases to say that they want to be like Apple? Samsung is certainly on the cutting edge when it comes to semiconductors and display screens, but as far as the whole package of finished goods and ecosystem are concerned, they just have no clue. They're simply all over the place with no coherent strategy or vision: throw...