or Connect

Posts by Mr Beardsley

They have it, it's called safe sleep. It has been around for quite a while.
There seems to be references to the 6000 series of cards in 10.6.5 so it may be sooner than you think.
You don't know what "no known issues" means. It means that the update doesn't cause any additional known bugs. It is not in any way saying that the operating system is 100% bug free. For example if they were working on an update to Quicktime, but they weren't yet finished, their changes might cause iMovie or iTunes to crash. This would be a known issue listed for that given build number of the update.
Because unlike OpenGL on Windows, Apple uses OpenGL for system drawing tasks. This means that their implementation has to be stable or you get problems like those listed earlier in the thread. On Windows OpenGL is not used for system tasks, only for specific apps. Also Apple writes a software fallback for all OpenGL calls so that if the gpu hardware doesn't support the function it can be done on the CPU and not just fail. Also their implementation has to cover the...
For the more technically minded folks here is a great rundown on exactly what changes are in the update. http://store.steampowered.com/news/4211/
It's not just pictures, it's any attachments. And yes, it is quite annoying to have to quit mail before you can empty the trash. I hope they fix it.
Reported the post. Not funny or cool.
Just click the favicon to the left of the url in the address bar. A single click will select the entire thing.
I'm fairly certain that all DNS goes through mDNSResponder under Snow Leopard. That would be why you are seeing lots of traffic on port 53.Edit:Yes all DNS does in fact go through mDNSResponder. If you would like to disable the multicast portion you can follow the directions here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3789?viewlocale=en_US
Put down the pipe and back away. We are talking about a programming language not some world revolution. So Apple should only add improvements to their tools if they are different from everyone else? That is totally absurd. Engineering is about making the best product you can, and deciding which are the best tradeoffs to make when constructing your product. It has nothing to do with subversion, undermining, or anything of the like. Further I think you'd be very hard...