or Connect

Posts by Mr Beardsley

I highly doubt it. I would assume they use a custom written control software. I think it is an embedded system from IBM.
Uh Safari supports kerberos just fine. Many Apple apps can use kerberos. Addressbook, iCal, iChat, Finder, VPN, and Safari all can use kerberos for authentication. You might want to re-investigate Safari.
I can also say that I have the mail bug where when you attach a file you are not able to empty the trash till you quit mail. It is quite annoying, and I do hope they fix it.
If I were you I'd just spend the $9 at Monoprice and go mini dp to HDMI. I have my mini connected through and Onkyo receiver to my TV and it works great.
No, I was referring to the buying of UAW votes by giving them a larger stake in the new GM than the private bondholders. However it was the private Bondholders that were owed more money than the UAW. (Amazing how GM can turn a near 4 billion dollar loss in the previous quarter to having an extra 6 billion to pay off loans. Oh wait, they didn't use money they made from selling cars, they just used more TARP money. rofl)
Are you advocating that the government would do a better job than charities? You don't think politicians will use that money to help increase their voting base and to further their political power and influence? I don't think more bureaucracy and money for politicians to squabble over is the answer. The recent buyout of GM shows exactly the sorts of problems that come from government helping out. Don't you see that if you keep putting the thumbscrews to high income...
10 years ago there wasn't such a thing as Xcode and the current visual studio wasn't around either. They would have been using Visual C++ on the windows side and Metrowerks CodeWarrior on the mac side. Your argument about IDEs as a reason for Adobe's decisions just doesn't hold water.
The problem with Apple and SMB is that the SAMBA project moved their licensing onto GPLv3. I don't think Apple can use the later releases and is stuck modifying an old version. Not sure what the answer is at this point.
I think it is Intel locking out Nvidia chipsets that is forcing Apple to look at AMD for chips. Of course Intel has the better cpus, but their integrated graphics are awful. Even worse for Apple, besides just being poor performers, Intel has absolutely atrocious support for OpenGL (nevermind OpenCL). I'm sure Apple wants to continue to move forward with OpenGL 3.3 and even 4.0. Getting drivers from Intel that support the more recent OpenGL specs just isn't going to...
I haven't looked at numbers yet, but does copying formatting work for the borders?