or Connect

Posts by Mr Beardsley

I haven't looked at numbers yet, but does copying formatting work for the borders?
You will never get what you want because that is not how Apple's software development works. They use their apps to test out new user interfaces and software ideas. The sidebar in iTunes, Core Image, OpenCL, the segmented round progress indicator, etc all got their start in various applications. Apple tries things in different apps, and if they work well they eventually move them out to their public frameworks for everyone else to use. They are testing a new interface...
I wonder with CS5 if Adobe will finally get rid of scratch disks. OS X has really great memory management, and it seems stupid for them to reinvent the wheel trying to use their own virtual memory system. That may have been a good idea back under OS 9 but not now under OS X.
I wonder with the iTunes, and App stores now becoming available through the web if we might see Apple finally ditch iTunes as the hub of all the mobile devices. iTunes went from being a great way to organize music to be a kitchen sink solution for everything that needs syncing.
CMD + CTRL + O will open a folder in a new window. Maybe that is what you are looking for.
So of what use is a Blu-Ray drive on the mini server? sheesh I can see the mini server as a great solution for small businesses. For hardware a second NIC would be great as then people could use the box for firewall/NAT applications. Not a must have, but would surely be welcome. In OS X server I'd like better GUI configuration options when dealing with DNS. Currently it is very spartan in its options. Also DHCP populating DNS would be nice for windows machines...
You might also look at Cheetah 3D. I think quite a few folks render their SketchUp models using it. http://www.cheetah3d.com/
I have a feeling that some of Apertures stability problems may relate to Core Image, and the app being a bit ahead of its time. Apple was using Core Image to leverage the power of the GPU before the industry started its big push toward GPGPU computing. I'm sure Apple used its experience in developing Core Image to write the spec for OpenCL. Now with OpenCL there is an official vendor supported method of using the GPU for computation. I don't doubt that Aperture will be...
You crack me up Since you don't get it, let me break it down for you. When the Government needs something like software or video surveillance systems that either buy an existing solution or create a contract with a company to build them one. If an existing solution is already being produced it's almost always in the best interest of the government to just use that solution. Contracts are necessary, but they are extremely prone to running over budget and quality seems...
Somebody sure is cranky today... As I said the first time around, the government will probably get a higher quality product by using one of the commercial OSes. Look for the past 10 years I've written software for a defense contractor. Our program is supposedly one of the better ones around. I've seen what kind of money goes into producing one app, and what sort of quality results from that app being written on contract. Don't give me some 9/11 garbage lecture because...