or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Some of us Americans have spent a lot of energy DEvolving greatly.Marshall McLuhan predicted the retreat into tribalism as a consequence of the world "imploding" into a Global Village. Part of the retreat is into fundamentalism and antisocial cocooning. That's what we see in this thread. Reactions against cultural evolution. Of course we'll see it happening first in states like Indiana and Arkansas. Mississippi and Alabama.
Sho' nuff, it is Gruber, with no eyepatch already. Apologies to Mr. Carthusia and anyone misled.
No, Gruber's in Philadelphia wearing an eyepatch.
You lost it right there. Maybe, and I think it's likely, he had an equal or greater "massive" humility, so much that it's arrogant of you to tar him with that simplistic brush without having known him.He was always focused on a role that was greater than himself. That's even in the Isaacson bio, where he talks about what he learned from his LSD experiences, for example.Edit: look who agrees with you above to see how wrong you were. (But I see that's about the theater....
Well done. See my edit above, also.
That's the thing, we don't hear about OLED color loss over time in real-world use because that would require honest observations from Samsung owners who are still using two-year-old phones.Will Raymond "Sammy" Soneira of DisplayMate, the one who rates the Galaxies as having the best screens ever, address this long-term issue? I'm not holding my breath.Edit: thinking about it, maybe he already has, but I haven't waded through his messed-up website enough to have seen it. It...
Not in LCD display technology, anyway.
Where was that thread you started about whether a certain gadfly should be swatted? The mods removed the link and all comments from the earlier recycled water topic.
As far as I've read, part one and some of two, Ahmed's point is not that Google is "controlled" by intelligence entities, only that they partially funded Google's early existence and also promoted the mass surveillance/data-relational architecture that would be useful for global info warfare.This is clear if you read the article. If you don't want to, that's understandable. I'm reluctant to click on Spam's links above.In any case, control is not the issue, encouraging the...
Then you should be able to put together an argument other than "you're paranoid."