or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Good, then you agree with my view, which is incidentally the view of Tim Cook and every futurist who has ever confronted the evolution of technological and cultural shifts on a global, tectonic level. The US has passed into a post-industrial phase, as far as its leading-edge economy is concerned. Its most valuable product is knowledge, design, methods of integration, any kind of creative "software." This is why and how the R&D and basic research is still advanced in the...
Not my presumption. Steve Jobs told Pres. Obama "those jobs aren't coming back" because there are 700,000 workers involved with the manufacturing of Apple products overseas. Just the process engineering alone requires 30,000 engineers who don't exist in the US and aren't being educated in the US.What's laughable is your fantasy that 50 years of lost experience in the ecosystem of microelectronics manufacturing, not to mention the lost ecosystem itself, can be recovered in...
Best statement ever on this subject, which is apparently so difficult for some to work out, since they seem to lack the necessary empathy neurons.
Advise entity Radar stop clowning around. There is no other place on earth with electronic assembly as developed as it is in China. Note that it is the Taiwanese who have set up the factories in mainland China, based on their own experience going back decades in electronics manufacturing.Pegatron has 16 times its Taiwanese workforce working in the PRC. Foxconn has about half a million workers in China contract assembling for most major electronics companies, including...
Well, I'd bend this excellent post a bit this way:Buddhism and the many older "religions" throughout the world that revered the creative processes inherent in nature and the cosmos are, were nonauthoritarian, non heirarchal, often polyamorous and female-centered.The patriarchal war god we know in our familiar Abrahamic religions is a creation of the Bronze Age. He first appeared in the authoritarian form we're still stuck with on the Central Asian steppe among...
This is the statement we've been waiting for. It's why Apple SHOULD be proactive socially, and why it's NOT political to do so. "Soap box" indeed. C'mon, you guys, catch up. It's a new world out there.
Here's a big idea for you. One day they will, and Apple's values will be one reason why.
The video is great. Nice message. Life = love, doesn't matter who. That's a good attitude for a business to have. Their slogan is "inclusion inspires innovation." Turn it around to understand. "Exclusion stifles creativity." Apple shouldn't get involved? Playing in a rigged game without protest, when you know you can make a difference for fairness, is complicity. If your protest will make things worse in the long game toward fairness, shut up in strategic areas and wait...
He doesn't seem to waste his time gossiping, speculating, handwringing and worrying, By the way, you're wasting our time as well. Where you really cross the line is projecting your values on Ive and predicting his retirement. You have no idea what drives a person like him, as you demonstrate here day after day.
Thanks for the details on "nerf." My point was that deriving a common-usage word from plastic kids' toys (that much I knew because I looked it up) does violence TO the language by deriving vocabulary from the junk merchants like Hasbro, Mattel and ToysRUs. The poor kids who had to grow up with that primary-colored crap are now coining words out of their infantile experience. Result: You get Google and Chrome logos made with the same infantile primary colors, operating...