or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Apple could not do better than suppliers LG and AAC and who knows who else.http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-Watch-production-hampered-by-shortages-related-to-the-Taptic-Engine-and-the-OLED-screen_id68308Same with that retina screen on the MacBook. My impression is that it is a new backplane technology, in contrast to what this AI article says. In other words, we know too little to say what the issue is on constrained supply.
Can't wait for this cliché to die. Maybe you could be a little bit original and choke on it at least?
And so it was, like you say.But suppose Apple has a new role to play now that requires it to expand its mindshare into new spheres of influence? Not only upward into fashion, for example, but outward into hip-hop?In other words, the global electronic mind-amplification business mandates full global coverage. Apple only has to keep its motives "pure," as Steve said, and "just make great products for people." Old timers will be unhappy at every step of the expansion. The...
Don't forget about poetry and music. We have non-verbal ways of understanding. Transmitting heartbeat is too new to even classify, but I think it has to do with some kind of non-symbolic communication, like music.One thing you can depend on with this fashion crowd. Some of them are going to be adventurous thinkers. Bohemians, but rich bohemians. They and their staffs need computers and phones, just like everybody else, maybe more. Who has them in pocket right now? Google...
Could be. I forgot about him.
I don't think any of us have enough info to be sure who is written all over this. Logic says it's not her, because she is VP of retail stores. At Burberry she was CEO, and thus able to do any stunt needed for the company.This event may have Schiller with input from Newson, Ive and maybe Ahrendts written all over it in my opinion. People seem too quick to blame Ahrendts for Apple's Watch/fashion strategy. There's more evidence to suppose that Ive is the ultimate driving...
Except the larger-screened phones had to wait for the production capacity of Apple's suppliers of LTPS displays to expand to the level of 25 million per month.I'm getting tired of reminding people that these things don't grow on trees. It's got nothing to do with Apple learning snything.
Hey, you forgot the simplest one of all, and the one most cited: Tim hates inventory! He's the Atilla the Hun of inventory!.Never mind that there are reports that production of the watch was supposed to start in September 2014, then in November, then in January, so Quanta workers would be working through Chinese New Year, and then yesterday, we hear from Kuo (who's a lot closer to Taiwan manufacturing than other analysts, including keyboard observers here) that mass...
Yo chasm, notice how the "selection on merit" criterion suddenly applies to those newly invited to the party, the same party that was always about membership in the ruling ethnic class. Rude, and so self-deluded.
Guilt schmilt. Let me revise a bit. You white guys need to take some time off to meditate on world history since 4000 BC. If you're serious/honest intellectually, that's how far back you have to go to see where the doors opened for white MEN, since that's also who we're talking about here. The origin of patriarchy starts in central Asia, the steppe, with the invention of weapons of horde warfare—the horse-mounted warrior, the mace for cracking heads from horseback, the...