or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Nice. I have the feeling that this could be a gateway lesson to learning Dutch. It seems so close to Middle English, i.e. Chaucer.
That ain't where it comes from, Homes, that's what Hollywood does with a bad idea—makes it worse. Wikipedia says the Four Lads got the idea from Paul Whiteman (ha-ha). I wonder if I remember that one from my dad's record collection. The Lads version does have some serious orchestration going for it.But I did like the train passenger rescue, thanks.
He's making up shit so he can troll against it later after the phone comes out with the second or third best screen on the market, and he knows it. Either that, or he's terminally fact-challenged. Nobody said anything about a "revolutionary new [display] technology." He's talking about good old LTPS or IGZO, both of which were unavailable in 2012 in Apple quantities. Only one, IGZO, will be revolutionary for larger-screened portables, AFAIK, not in phones. In any case,...
Display is only one leg of the stool. You will see that the A8 is required to run a big phone Apple-style, and iOS8. Years of development are behind each iteration. All LTPS is going to current projected models, at that time the 5 and 5s. It's a technological ecosystem all its own, the way Apple does it.The sniggerers are being way too simplistic, and DigiTimes knows more than they do.
Here's a little more ridiculousness for you to refuse to understand. The song, which having listened to it I now remember very well from the 50s, is equivalent to minstrel music done in blackface, not quite as bad as Amos & Andy done by white voices like it was on radio, but close. It was part of the bankrupt Tin Pan Alley-Hit Parade white music business that Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis (white crossover) and Little Richard liberated us from with such relief later in...
The joke is on you for not getting it. The reference is 90 years old now.I have an idea, since we have readers in Turkey, and readers around the world from Turkey. How about if every time you want to repeat the joke when the name Istanbul comes up, you post the lyrics along with your one-line extract, plus the picture of the Four Lad American pretty-boy hipsters, so everyone can see what you're referring to? That would make the joke so much better, wouldn't it? No?
Thanks for bringing this up, because it's something that needs to be worked out and said about cross-cultural issues in general that arise on this globally focused website.Like I said, the one from the dominant culture is naturally unaware of the insult. In this case, the Anglo-Saxon worldview creates the inferiority complex and then refuses to see it transcended.The founding of the Turkish Republic by Atatürk, the creation of a secular state and the end of Ottoman...
Glad you asked. Waiting for her to respond. Give it an hour or so.
I'm saying that he was right: in 2013 there wasn't enough LTPS manufacturing capacity to release another iPhone line at the volume Apple would require.I would also say the same constraint could apply to IGZO-backed displays. We don't know enough to say, but we do know that the iPad Air got the only IGZO love last year, the iPad mini didn't get any but could have used it, and so far the only IGZO monitor that Apple sells is made by Sharp.The truth for Tim Cook might have...
Keep digging that hole for yourself.