or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

There are use cases, I'm sure, where Touch ID will be worth a lousy $100 to have on your hand-carried or jacket-pocketable go-everywhere device. Not every buyer will have a recent iPhone. That's a possible buyer's point of view. A hundred bucks is a parking ticket.You are thinking that the cost of adding Touch ID is a matter of adding a few dollars worth of hardware, and that leads you to say unkind things about someone who would pay the price. That strikes me as arrogant,...
I'd second that; it is kludgy to have to close the drawer before you rotate. Must be that the Contol Center function locks all other input to and from the screen. How would they get around that? Maybe screen lock shouldn't be in Control Center at all, since it has to include rotation to unlock and relock.
Well, since no one knows anything and speculation is free, then I'll come down on the side that says Apple had something very real, specific and big in mind, or they wouldn't have invested at this level.Then, trials showed that GTAT had underestimated their success rate, capital burn-through or both, but the statement from Apple indicates there is still expectation of eventual success. They will probably find a surrogate owner, maybe even a reformed GTAT, and keep the...
Serious question, what is being said about the future of sapphire as a material, or what search terms might one try?
The sapphire story just put up here on AI might be an example of Apple bankrolling a new domestic technology. The US has kept current in crystal growing since the days of making silicon for Touch-Tone phone oscillators in the 60s, as far as I know. Now if only IGZO had been invented here . . . Just kidding.
Steve Jobs: "Those jobs are not coming back." He actually misspoke, for brevity, I'm sure: those jobs were never in the US in any great number in the first place.I don't remember the actual figures he used, but I think it was something like 400,000 factory jobs are on Apple products, but more important, he said, were the 30,000 production engineers needed to set things up for those workers and keep the lines running. The US has no reservoir of experienced engineers who...
Your original post, and your point, are not those of an adult. You're ignoring that social, technological and cultural stages and processes are relative.An adult automatically includes a relativistic perspective in assessing something like progress in working conditions within a particular society. A child or an adolescent does not. Neither does an android troll wishing to score an anti-Apple point.
One correction in this tongue lashing: it should be "SERIOUSLY GAL." Rogifan alternates between logical on some days and highly emotionally negative on other days. Or it varies by the issue.About the mini retina, another factor to consider is that it has been a difficult product for Apple from the beginning last year. Ray Soneira of DisplayMate thought it was apparent to him that the panel was destined to have been an IGZO one, like the Air was, but no doubt there was no...
Let me guess. Well-endowed unicorns?
There now, fellow citizen. They have nothing to worry about from us.How's the immigration policy down there lately?