or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Nope, not hypocrisy, realism. You're trying to make the same point as Apple ][. Where's the parade for the heterosexual, the white guys, the clubs for the Caucasians?Maybe you haven't noticed that there is a culture of Dominators, and another for the Dominated. The Dominators' parades are automatically seen as displays of superiority. Simple as that. If you don't see this, it's because you're part of the Dominator culture, and lack the empathy to see beyond your "clade." I...
I'd gang up all the above comments into one if I could get the multiquote thing to work with the iPad. Anyway, the point is that there is a weird bullying thing going on with DED's work here.
And your need to toss out a negative comment on every single DED piece is getting strange.
And then there's this ganging up on Dilger thing that happens. Plus more of the weary hipster cynicism.
This sort of weary-smartass cynicism is why I can't stand to read any comment threads on MacRumors. Nevermind the fact it's a worn-out cliché.
I believe he's right about the fatigue proneness of ordinary metals, which consist of crystalline domains throughout, whereas liquid metal would be amorphous, like glass, another liquid.But I don't think he'll turn out to be right that Apple has no use for fatigue-resistant materials. I can imagine that their hoped-for (by me and a few others) iWatch stereo video glasses might have frames made from Liquid Metal, along with lenses with laminated scratch-resistant...
Interesting. Remember this? http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/11/apple-fires-its-ion-cannons/And this video: http://vimeo.com/30742652
(Edit Not that I disagree with what you're saying, but it looks like I just made up a whole other way to put thoughts in his head.)Tim Cook is a very smart guy, so what he does, whatever he does, is probably very deliberate and considered. He may have decided that "coming out" or the whole concept of "outing" is flawed. It assumes there was something important to hide in the first place, that it depends on a culture of shame. That's not something he would be inclined to...
This Amazon job is not necessarily a product of the visible justice department. The last time this subject came up, we had a poster from France who seemed to suspect a deal between Amazon and certain nosey intel agencies. Of course no patriotic American would want to believe such a thing. Nor would one want to risk one's reputation as a sophisticated observer by getting emotional over what might only be the very surface of the story.
There's a little more to it than spell checking. Editing, copy editing, typesetting, proofreading, design, layout, page proofs, indexing, cover art, and more. Months of staff work for a relatively simple book. Publishers perform a huge service in production, never mind acquisition, author and project development, publicity, distribution, all the bookkeeping, etc.