or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

IGZO!!!! It's been way too long . . . ! By the way, will the anti-thinness nuts now stop kvetching about how it's unnecessary for a desktop? You saw how the iMac fit with their main graphic for the event, the profile of all the product types done as a glyph of svelte aluminum edges.
"Man, you so dumb even sog35 can make a joke that's over yo' head."Also, you deserve a scalding blast of contempt for your bendy-phone comment just above. I wish I knew where you take your rhumba lessons . . .
When you look at it this way, it's a wonder that any of it works at all. I'm going to give that Gruber-English show a listen. His podcasts always help me sleep.Just kidding, I usually try to hear them through.
That, and if he saw how the new size enabled a new use case, a new combination of portability and mind-expanding gorgeousness . . .The point being, if we haven't learned from Apple that each new form factor—iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, iPad mini—pulls in a whole new galaxy of users based on well-executed form factor alone, then we've missed one of the core insights that motivates the design and engineering people who work there and keeps them sane while they work on what is...
I would add, not as an excuse but a piece of realism to bear in mind, that the rising complexity of everything they're trying to integrate is going to result in more and more bugs.They may arrive at a threshold from time to time, especially after they settle into the new HQ and recruit a new wave of people. But there will be rocky times ahead because they're doing the near impossible so routinely.I don't know what to do with your last sentence, except to note that we've...
Corrected your narrative there.
There's no evidence that Ive felt forced in making the Plus, and a lot of evidence that he and the hardware and software teams made every effort to exploit the larger size.The dual domain pixels, the higher density, the wait for LTPS capacity and for processing power, etc., all point to a recognition on the part of the designers that this device is going to be highly, usefully fetishized by visually oriented people of all kinds. You have to imagine yourself finding it a...
Ha! Way to go, t.b.!You haven't been rummaging around in the undergrowth of those birch forests, have you? Beware the mukamor, for it turneth thee into a prophet.
And I thought you were completely wrong about that from the first time you made it up, and I hoped you'd forgotten it by now.If you're half-hearted or don't care about the design, you don't throw your weight into an entirely new display manufacturing line, at pixel densities never used before, in quantities never seen before in cutting-edge LTPS making, at low enough yields that probably call into question the feasibility of the design, at a resolution that also takes your...
I din't see a link to the VanityFair video clip. Here it is, via Gruber: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2oksetv3i90 Jony Ive is is seriously trying to communicate something about the genius of Jobs, even though it's clearly uncomfortable for him. What a guy. Edit: I see Rogifan gave a link earlier that I missed.