or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Which equals "Beats suckered Apple into the deal."I see. Airtight case.
Except 7 has no groove, visually. It's actually designed to be unattractive to the eye, so no groove permitted.Could be design laziness or tastelessness, but I think it was from an excess of design puritanism. "Let us have no texture" was the mandate. So we get an ungodly green for the battery icon, a nasty pointy blue thing for Safari, and so on.I've got 7 on my iPad mini, 6 on my iPhone 4Ses. It is always such a pleasure to see the 6 screens, such a pain to see the 7...
Quire right, what was I thinking. You get paid no matter what we think of you.
Ooo, I see we have a new troll meme. Iovine suckered Apple. That should add to your credibility here.
A river could be turgid, but not an ocean.And as you say, it's not a pretty word.
No, actually, I'm a fan of Apple moving into as many markets as possible, as long as they can keep their aesthetics and ethics intact. I never listen to the kind of music beats are designed for, and I generally don't like unreal bass. My taste has nothing to do with this. It's about including another third of the world (or so) into Apple's user base. The more people who speak the Apple language the better.
Can't argue with any of that, just saying that what you call overstimulating, pathetic, crappy, etc., is what drives the sales, not what to your eyes looks like style or image. Your senses are tuned differently, mine as well, from this generation's that we're talking about. They came up with different sound systems, different drugs, all that stuff that makes one generation separate from another musically.If bests had tried to sell balanced headphones they wouldn't have...
One more step and you'd have the point. You say "Apple is . . . acquiring for image and style."No, because Beats got to be the favored brand/image/style by having the right sound. Dr. Dre wouldn't have been able to pull it off if they didn't have the right sound.It's not the right sound for your demographic, because you belong to a group that abhors that bass-y beat. The Beats demographic lives on that big bass, and that's a much larger demographic worldwide than you...
There IS more to this picture. Apple is buying and planning to develop a platform, not a brand.The platform is portable audio done as an environment that you wear. First isolating headphones to be worn out in the world, in the streets. Beats music provides the content for the platform. Simple, new, going to be very big.People say it's un-Apple to be buying a brand. True, but they're not, they're buying a platform. Apple has always been about platforms first, brands a...
Good, you changed your language. It makes all the difference. I agree completely with what you say here, except for the first sentence, where you respond to my objections to your original language.