or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

You have been busy trying to drive the stock price down with your FUD for months. YOU should be returning money to shareholders.It's the 30th anniversary of technology for the people, not so much of the Mac, but what it represents. Mythic thinking vs. your literal thinking.
Tightness of jeans, size of butt, other stuff in pocket are also possible factors. Oh, and internal defect in phone.
Size of company: if products expand, they must add people and teams of people. Size determines what you can make.Wasn't talking about Foxconn, but the CNC shops that have to be brought up to the precision jobs like the first Airs, the shops that made first friction-stir welded iMacs, the first glass-inlaid iPhone backs, the first stainless-steel antenna bands, the first lacquer-sprayed polycarbonate cases, etc. Apple is doing rarefied materials engineering and production...
I agree it 's alien to the normal human, but maybe they calculated that they want to reach the number nuts of Wall Street and the biz world, not the public, at the same time snubbing the treacherous WSJ and NYT.As for ABC, I have no ideas for their choice except avoiding CNBC, Fox, MSNBC might have been a factor.Too bad Apple PR is behind the Great Wall of Apple too. There's no public or customer-facing department. Or is there, aside from Tim Cook's email stream of 900/day?
What's the venue? What's the frame, the packaging? The occasion?By my count, you have four different complaints about his management. To justify all this kvetching and diffuse advice, I think you have to give him more specific help.Meanwhile, we're talking about the world's most successful company, led by the guy who Steve Jobs found to be unperturbably competent.It's amusing to imagine the look he would give us if we were to make these suggestions to him in person.
Your last sentences there. Maybe rather than saying this over and over (not just you), we should try to come up with something that we think would work for the tech press/haters/WS cynics that Tim Cook can say. I'm pretty sure he's thought long and hard about this, along with the PR people and Phil Schiller, etc., on what to do about it.What we've seen is their answer, I'm sure of it."We've got some great things in the pipeline for 2014" and so on. "If that's not good...
That's what I was thinking of, but unless you've seen something i haven't, I think it's more or less the other way around. I remember Apple investing a billion or two in Sharp, thought to be for IGZO production development, then Samsung investing 100 million or so in Sharp, and Foxconn pitching in with some hundreds of millions also.Yes, this bet on IGZO goes back to the Jobs era. It is just starting to bear some results (iPad Air), but it may be way behind (iPad mini...
It isn't that Tim Cook hasn't done a good job, it's that the technology hasn't been on his side (e.g., not enough IGZO and LTPS yet), and they're in the middle of transitioning (iOS 7, 64 bit).Nor are people on his side. When genuine innovation appears, like the new Mac Pro, hardly anybody sees what's so innovative about it.When real breakthroughs appear, like the shrink treatment given the iPad Air partly because of IGZO, not even Gruber and his pals notice why. Or...
Bull feathers. That was a good story, and i'm glad to have heard it. Explains one reason why Gates trusted Ballmer, which I've always wondered about.But you just revealed more than you should have about yourself, and why you're here.
1. The reason I think it's small is that they make so few products, even though they farm out the manufacturing. No one is goldbricking, either. They're designing and supporting the best consumer products ever made by concentrating on only a few. Disheveled? They're going to spend 6 B on a new headquarters to focus their work.2. Ok, you think Apple just hires an experienced contractor and builds one turnkey style. I think being Apple they work very closely to see how it's...