or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Al Gore is on Apple's board because of his planetary vision, in addition to his experience in geopolitics. Steve Jobs also had the kind of vision, not so much in the geopolitical sense. I'm glad to see he's going to get his Earth observatory in space. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/al-gore-weighs-in-on-sunday-s-long-delayed-earth-observatory-launch/ I had thought Apple might provide the backing to push it through. Maybe they could put up another one to give...
The axe you're grinding is getting so thin it's transparent. Has been for awhile.Neither a Rolex nor a Porsche come with a massive ecosystem of services and a repository of your mental and social and general life activities of your every waking moment, with maybe some sleeping thrown in.You are not trolling intelligently enough. It's painful to see what you do to snare honest posters into your web.
Exactly. This is the main point. And convenience is just another word for liberation from hassle, and even enabling of things you wouldn't or couldn't do before. A few of these little victories over inconvenience, awkwardness and impossibilty every day will be enough to sell the wrist-terminal scenario to snowballing numbers of reasonable people.Holdouts will begin to feel like flip phone users do now—backward. But by all means, you holdouts go ahead and paint yourselves...
So now we have a third product line, after the 5K iMac and the iPad Air, with oxide-backed, i.e. IGZO displays. Progress. One big reason they could get rid of the fan and get all-day battery life.
Well would you look at that, taking it to the pro insider sites.Note the use of the word "notionally." He plays the Fool here on AI as part of his act, but he's perfectly capable of writing an adult sentence.He is the most cynical troll-for-hire that the black-ops mediaplex has fronted to date. I don't believe for a minute that he's just an ordinary basement troglodyte.
Hold on, everybody! Stop the discussion! He might have a point!The Apple Watch owner is going to have to set down his beer to pay! This clearly outweighs the advantage of not having to pull his phone out of his pocket and get his finger in position! He can do that while holding his beer!The Apple Watch is doomed! Why didn't Tim or Jony or Eddy think this through! Don't tell me they never buy their own beer at games! WTF!/sAn afterthought: Maybe "Would you please push my...
MacRumors, on the other hand, is intolerable. About seven out of ten posters are Apple haters or at least hold the company in contempt.You said earlier that you don't get treated well here unless you "drink the Kool-Aid." That's missing the point. You don't get treated well if you seem to be grinding an axe against Apple. Reasonable criticism is acceptable and happens all the time.
Sorry to hear of the personal attack, and I just got a bit brusque with you above, apologies.
Funny. What are the chances?
Apologies to those who have the entuty B Frost on their ignore list, but this post shows cracks in his persona from stress.Desperation to find a negative: "the old, who tend to shake." Right, all us palsied iPhone users in our 70s. Maybe he means the huge market segment of those in their 80s.Breaking of character: "will reserve complete judgment." Note the American spelling of "judgment." British usage, which entity Frost is normally so careful to adopt, is "judgement." I...