or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Did you miss the point of this story? The problem is Intel's, likely the die shrink. What do you want Apple to do?
Because with your way you have to stare at an ugly Dell monitor for X-number of years.How's that?
Doing it this way will maximize Rogifan's chances for using the term "bean counter." He's doing the same thing at MacRumors today. He could set a new record.
Ok you want to take the article as it stands, he does NOT say or imply that they were the first to think of using titanium in this way, but he does say and imply that they were pushing design and manufacturing in order to make this material practical in a consumer product. Which is correct, as you yourself say. Don't make stuff up to criticize him with.
Pretty sure he meant "help raise the palate and raise the taste level . . ."—not "palette."
Left brain-lock alert. I'm surprised to see this from you.Ive's "designs" are really sculptures, meant for touch as much as vision. Remember he's the son of a silversmith. Silver is the most tactile metal.All his work, the secret of its appeal, is due to how it feels in your hand as much as how it looks to your eye even if you don't realize it because it's sealed off in your poor neglected right brain. And even if you put it in a case, you know that elegance is there...
You're taking what the reporters said for what Ive said. He would not likely misrepresent, since he is a machinist. Being inaccurate gets you nowhere in that trade, except into trouble. In journalism, it can get you a Pulitzer.
Your pretend bluster is off-key, no surprise.The context for DED's headline was that the Times was shut out from access to Tim Cook. That is true.Now we see in part two with Jony Ive that the intrepid reporters were used—as in exploited— by Apple to make a serious point about the Cook-Ive regime's product focus.They were apparently shunted to Ive, who portrays Cook as having the commitment and patience to explore new materials and processes that set Apple's devices so far...
I think I know what you mean. One would assume one is in the best position to know what one is thinking, but it appears there are many "ones."The wiring is complex.
Good find. Thanks, Aldous.