or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

You're probably not being serious, but if this is a real deal with Apple, it needs to be said that they would not be seeing it as anything like a fad, but as a new product category.Like the iPod, for example, "1000 songs in your pocket." Beats headphones are the first ear appliance that makes audio environments portable and wearable out in the world. Gruber picked up the phrase, "it's like wearing a nightclub on your head" from somewhere.This is of course done by giving...
Good post, thanks. On the headphones, the single most salient fact is that they got it to be acceptable and desirable to wear headphones out in the world. No "straight " headphone has accomplished that, no matter how much better they sound. It's about the next step in wearables, in my opinion. The bass-heavy sound is necessary because it provides a tactile atmosphere, which is part of the urban armor that the "music" projects.
Putting you on ignore doesn't work because others respond to you.If you had a rational approach to this rumored deal, you might say a couple things, share a couple if insights, and then keep quiet.You are working this over shamefully. If it was a horse, you'd be arrested for animal cruelty. Your motives are highly suspect as a result.
Good job, needed to be said. Major irritant.
Don't get all excited. Solipsism X buries the lede in the opening dependent clause in the last sentence. It's about "sourcing components." Also, see his post #180 above.The iMac, the MB Air, the Cinema Displays, and probably an MBP or two, are all waiting for screen production technology to break through its difficulties. Acknowledging this even as a possibility would do wonders for your credibility.
Yep, thanks, like I noted in #173 above.
It's not alien to me, and I'm pretty sure it's not to him.The issue for me is more that Rogifan is ignoring any or maybe all reasons why Apple has been stuck lately with a schedule probably not of their choosing. There are times when technical evolution does the choosing. The switch to low-power, high-density matrices for powering LCD TFTs (hope I'm using the standard terms here) is of huge significance and apparently hugely difficult. How many years has it been sinceApple...
You missed entirely the weighty qualifier in his last sentence: "Of course there are other considerations from Apple's PoV, like sourcing components . . . "This is THE operative consideration. You just can't make something if you ain't got the parts.
I was being sarcastic, but my point is that we are seeing product releases happen according to the arrival points of new technologies, and not according to Apple's desire to crowd the holiday quarter with new products. I went over the sources for these conclusions the last time this came up with you (your larger phone screen rant) and it seems you paid no attention then, so why should I walk you through it again? You keep distracting your already weak attention span with...
Aha. Good find.