or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Exactly.
Correct, correct, and maybe correct. I mean, there should be a human benefit in search, but it's been pre-verted by the parasitic model. Imagine if there could be some combination of search results and Wikipedia, for example. I don't know how it would work, but it seems like Google's short-cicuited machine could be repurposed to serve humans rather than advertisers.I agree this is the real issue. We have a couple of breakthroughs in displays that are going to impact...
1. Apple is still a small, disheveled company, scattered all over Cupertino. Yes, they have big money, but that's come from focusing very clearly and deeply on a few good products, and by thinking as they say like a small startup to squeeze these products out with a great deal of bleeding-edge pain: machined aluminum with glass inlays, exotic glass-to-film laminations, LCDs with LTPS or IGZO backplanes, etc. Let them get organized in their new headquarters before you ask...
Hey look, some realism!When or if Apple does a larger screened phone, you are going to see some technology that enabled it that wasn't available till now. For example, it will be IGZO backplaned, or maybe LTPS.But, you say, iPhones have been LTPS for years. Correct, but Apple used so much of the world output of LTPS (was it 70%?) that there was only scraps left for Amazon and Google's giveaway tablets.Apple is not going to release a larger phone until they can supply 30...
He can hardly be blamed for conflating what our new knight of flatus, sog35 says. Sir Sogy.
Meditation on the "ob-" prefix.Obstructive, obfuscative, obtuse . . .
Hey, watch your language. "Apple can start pumping out . . ." / "Look at friken windowsOS . . ."And worst of all, including all-time worst cliché: "Bottom line is hardware earnings growth is over . . ."You want Apple to become a sleaze parasite and milk their customers like some other companies we could name here.Making the greatest hardware keeps you honest. Technology doesn't lie. Microsoft's and Google's problem is that they never made serious hardware, and still don't....
Have you not read anything about China Mobile's slow buildout of their LTE network?
Jobs "even compared the invention of the Mac to the invention to the telephone" —of course he did, and he was right. Whaddya mean, "even"?? He would have been more right to say that it was as important as the telephone and Gutenberg's printing with moveable type combined, seeing as how the thinking behind the Mac led straight to desktop publishing and to the iPhone, with the equivalent of a library in your pocket, and a telephone you could bury your head into for hours...
". . . he's one pathetic, clueless bureaucrat."I'm sure Holder knows very well what's going on with Apple, and the control is out of his hands. This is about an unseen larger issue. Or the probability of that is so high that, once again, your harsh judgment of an individual is misplaced, and ultimately, naive.