or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

...which has hired an ad agency founded by a aging wannabe hipster from Amsterdam to make a movie about manufacturing by filmmakers who have never turned a screwdriver in their whole digital lives and who couldn't tell an British dialect from a South African poseur's.
So I was wrong about the wonky-tooling scene being shot at Uncle Ernie's garage in Queens. The ad agency is 72andSunny, the same LA ultracool hipster sell-outs who were responsible for the Samsung ads that mocked the Apple line-waiters for the iPhone 5 (?). So the offending "tooling" shot was probably snagged somewhere locally, near the wasteland of ex-aerospace job shops that surround their offices in Westchester and Inglewood. How would these clowns know what real...
^Evning, good work there, I had let that nono-puffery slide right by. Who wrote this trash, I wonder? Which is the ad agency we should congratulate for coming up with this? Where is real business journalism to be found now?
Off on a tangent again, are you? So that you miss the point, just like the "filmmakers" did?The problem is the amount of useless, snaggy thread hanging out on that screw, and the mishmash of jamb nuts being used to lock down the screw, nuts that look like they came from the 99 cents store.This was probably shot in Uncle Ernie's garage in Queens. A machinist who cared would use a shorter screw if he absolutely had to rig up some mess like this. No way would he want anyone...
This thinness "obsession" of Apple's is a cliché.Electronic technology has always had a built-in mandate to minimize space used, thus integrated circuits, Moore's Law, etc.Nature has the same mandate. You want to say that DNA is the result of an obsession, go ahead.
Amazing. The film crew is so dumb that they didn't even notice this cobbled-together shit. Truly laughable.Nice catch. You should send this still to Gruber. Please send this still to Gruber.
That's right,different use cases and preferences, different tools. From the beginning, the most important feature of the iPad was clearly (to me anyway) the lack of a keyboard. Right now the keyboard would be perched on a pillow on my chest, hard as hell to type on it like that. It's useless when standing in line at the bank, awkward on the bus or the train, in the way riding shotgun with a friend.I jumped on him because he said he was bored, and acted like his use case...
The iPad is for people who lead a loose, relaxed, and multifacted life. Bohemian types, people who need to look up stuff at any time to expand their horizons. People who never get bored.It's not for uptight people who lead compartmentalized lives, who like to sit up straight at their desks like they have a stick up their backs. People who are boring enough to get bored.
1. Imagine the variables in ink vs. clear space according to the design.2. Don't try to make this into one of your issues.
What a helpful and intelligent observation.