or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Here's a little more ridiculousness for you to refuse to understand. The song, which having listened to it I now remember very well from the 50s, is equivalent to minstrel music done in blackface, not quite as bad as Amos & Andy done by white voices like it was on radio, but close. It was part of the bankrupt Tin Pan Alley-Hit Parade white music business that Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis (white crossover) and Little Richard liberated us from with such relief later in...
The joke is on you for not getting it. The reference is 90 years old now.I have an idea, since we have readers in Turkey, and readers around the world from Turkey. How about if every time you want to repeat the joke when the name Istanbul comes up, you post the lyrics along with your one-line extract, plus the picture of the Four Lad American pretty-boy hipsters, so everyone can see what you're referring to? That would make the joke so much better, wouldn't it? No?
Thanks for bringing this up, because it's something that needs to be worked out and said about cross-cultural issues in general that arise on this globally focused website.Like I said, the one from the dominant culture is naturally unaware of the insult. In this case, the Anglo-Saxon worldview creates the inferiority complex and then refuses to see it transcended.The founding of the Turkish Republic by Atatürk, the creation of a secular state and the end of Ottoman...
Glad you asked. Waiting for her to respond. Give it an hour or so.
I'm saying that he was right: in 2013 there wasn't enough LTPS manufacturing capacity to release another iPhone line at the volume Apple would require.I would also say the same constraint could apply to IGZO-backed displays. We don't know enough to say, but we do know that the iPad Air got the only IGZO love last year, the iPad mini didn't get any but could have used it, and so far the only IGZO monitor that Apple sells is made by Sharp.The truth for Tim Cook might have...
Keep digging that hole for yourself.
No, not well stated, but I was ironically congratulating ChiA for opposing—by referencing history—that cross-cultural insult that always seems to come up when Istanbul comes up.Put yourself in the place of someone from Turkey. If you don't get a joke from the American that plays on the name of your country, the name of your greatest city, the quality of your jails (since "Midnight Express), or some aspect of backwardness (since "the sick man of Europe"), you may be excused...
And a few who were paying attention to realities in the display industry also failed to do this knee-jerk sniggering—you'll forgive the metaphor.I'd like to see how you and sog35 deal with this (you'll have to extrapolate to 2014):http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/05/29/apples_next_iphone_expected_to_consume_70_of_high_res_ltps_screen_supply
Nothing to do with margins, in my view. The screens weren't available in Apple quantities at any price, neither LTPS nor IGZO.By the way, a larger battery for the iPhone 6 may not improve battery life from the 5s if they boost the resolution along with the display size, which I expect they will do.
Thanks for digging that up. But I don't know what to do with your last battery life comment.