or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

First line of second paragraph: "private donation." Then maybe you can take it from there,
Very interesting read, thanks!
Thanks, I see that now. I'm a little out of practice with watching TV.
Fantastic. Somehow I missed this machine in the 40s and 50s. Must not have made it to middle Ohio and southern Indiana. Looks like a gorgeous piece of work. Does this one live in New York? Got to be one in LA somewhere . . . Update: maybe it lives in Nashville.
Expecting the average Englishman to know anything about the English language is like expecting a fish to know about water.The operative word here is "average."
This insight is exactly correct, and even though it's plain and simple, it's far too panoramic for the nit-focused brain that sees "no market" for the watch. The computer has a built-in imperative to shrink and get closer to hand. There will always be a market for a more personal computer.
I think he was holding back a bit out of a sense of civil discourse. Benj Frost is clearly out to subvert objective discussion of the watch. He deserves worse than Slurpy gives him.Slurpy is always positive. Frost is often negative and depressing. I look forward to his being proved a fool.
Philip Elmer-DeWitt at Fortune has a funny courtroom story on this today, not to be missed. http://fortune.com/author/philip-elmer-dewitt/
Doing great work here as usual, thanks. Seriously.
You're balloon is still ok. Benny Frost is English, not British. The distinction is that he is descended from the later, barbarian Anglo-Saxon stratum, which, unreformed, lacks the imagination for playful humor.The "British," on the other hand, generally connotes the earlier, much more sophisticated and amusing/amusable Celtic stratum, the Irish, Welsh, Scottish and Cornish, (not to mention the megalith builders who preceded the Celts) who have taught the now-generally...