or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

One more step and you'd have the point. You say "Apple is . . . acquiring for image and style."No, because Beats got to be the favored brand/image/style by having the right sound. Dr. Dre wouldn't have been able to pull it off if they didn't have the right sound.It's not the right sound for your demographic, because you belong to a group that abhors that bass-y beat. The Beats demographic lives on that big bass, and that's a much larger demographic worldwide than you...
There IS more to this picture. Apple is buying and planning to develop a platform, not a brand.The platform is portable audio done as an environment that you wear. First isolating headphones to be worn out in the world, in the streets. Beats music provides the content for the platform. Simple, new, going to be very big.People say it's un-Apple to be buying a brand. True, but they're not, they're buying a platform. Apple has always been about platforms first, brands a...
Good, you changed your language. It makes all the difference. I agree completely with what you say here, except for the first sentence, where you respond to my objections to your original language.
No, I agree that Apple can reach another huge market here, but I wouldn't call it "downmarket" by going "cheaper."It's a matter of mindset, which Apple has shown us over and over again to be the primary starting point in this business of improving peoples' lives through artful technology.Beats has already accomplished this with their headphones by going against sound reproduction principles and making an acoustic environment that can be taken out in the world. Their...
I think you misunderstood him. He was making his point in opposition to this statement you lifted out of context.
Very interesting idea. Maybe the whole idea behind this.
Finally, reason has returned. You could have saved everybody a lot of time by thinking (instead of reacting) from the beginning. Congratulations."Cheaper sub-brand" still reeks of your class-based prissiness, though. And we don't "use" Beats. We are fortunate to have Apple management that knows a wave to surf when it sees one.
". . . all this incessant stupid quibbling . . ." —well said. Meanwhile, reasonable people will be calmly analyzing to see what Apple saw in this new chunk of ecosystem they acquired.I like this analogy with the iPad as a platform which fills a gap. (The iPad was given the same kind of treatment by the chihuahua brigade when it appeared.)Apple bought two new platforms here, both with a huge future: curated audio streaming, plus the first successful wearable audio for the...
Beyond pathetic. They're feeding off each other like bitter, jealous gossips. What's most disgusting is they seem proud of themselves.Anyway, I've enjoyed your posts, since you're among the ones who get the significance of this deal.
True. And the billions will come from opening up another very large market, the streets. We're going from thousand of songs in your pocket to millions of songs on your head. This is about making music wearable. No wonder so many don't get it. You have to imagine the future.