or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Actually, I looked up the maintenance schedule earlier today. They recommend a coolant change every two years, I seem to remember. Also a brake fluid change, like any other car.But contrary to what Mac_128 wants to peddle here in the way of FUD, there's nothing about gear oil change, of course, no repacking of wheel bearings, no suspension lube points are mentioned, and drivers are reporting that brake pads are lasting for ungodly mileages because of regenerative...
If Apple thinks it can go into the car-building business, from where would it derive the confidence, not to say arrogance, to imagine that it could do so? I've already suggested one possible source: Tesla. If Elon can do it, we can do it, and in fact we have a few ideas how we could do it better. Here's another: retail stores. When we had the idea to build a retail store network, we didn't know a damned thing about how to do it. Now we have the best retail system in the...
That's a good one. So the lock box is black, gets left on the sun for a few minutes, and you can't get in the house? Where do you go for a fridge? Can you just stick it in front of the AC vent in the car for a bit?Should the box be white on top and finned for heat sink on the bottom? All kinds of passive strategies come to mind, with the Watch as well.
The tolerances are common to any compact electronic device with limited heat dissipation opportunities. I'm always having to deal with overheating when doing long iPhone video takes, by shading, placing the back on some kind of heat sink, etc. The worst that happens is that the camera app switches off and the screen goes dark. And you miss the best part of the shot, of course.
Back to scraping the bottom of the salted fish barrel, I see.Did you inform the poor customer-victims of your scalping on eBay of these terrible restrictions against using the Watch in certain parts of the world? I'd like to see your ads to find out how you handled this delicate ethical question.If you don't show us your ads, I think it would be better for you to shut up about any of the Watch's crippling deficiencies, as you see them. Ok?
There are hundreds of people, soon to be thousands, working for Apple right now whose projects will use up tens of billions of this cash reserve.Your calling it "hoarding" is a result of our ignorance of what they're doing and have planned, as well as a failure of imagination. I know just as little as you, but I foresee Apple spending easily 50 billion on projects that have already been hinted about. I can imagine more, much more. The one thing I can't imagine is the...
Thanks. It is profound, without getting him tangled up in his anathema:"I don't do nuance."That one keeps coming back to me. I guess it haunts me.
And it goes beyond Washington to global entities. Certain of their representatives drift in and out of the public "government," as in the previous administration, but they run things from the background nonetheless, and plan far into the future to do so. Y'all gotta stop thinking what you see is what's running things. Just ask Salvador Allende.
What was this in reference to?
When are you youngsters going to wise up? Your "executive branch" has no ultimate power either. Just ask JFK.