or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

I believe you/we are being baited a bit, for amusement.
I do not know what you mean by this at all. Explain?
And I think the hold-up has been the manufacturing capacity of the display makers. The transition to oxide backplane technology has not been easy.Or so I believe from my not-so-well-connected position, not in Taipei, but LA.
War is a cultural acquisition, an aberration, if you take the more recent, modern view. European and Mediterranean Neolithic civilizations went through 3-4 thousand years of development without warfare prior to the third millennium BCE.The Bronze Age was a disruption from the peaceful nature-oriented cultures of the Neolithic. Check out the preface to Marija Gimbutas's "Civilization of the Goddess," where she spells out the schism in our history when the Indo-Europeans...
Well, there's no accounting for bad taste. I guess the moderators didn't think it was funny either. It's gone.And don't be so literal. I wasn't talking about who Boltsfan likes to have sex with, just a part of his identity he might be afraid of that explains his obsession.I'm not going to "lighten up" on his kind of baiting.
All would be goofy, not good. That would give the back a face, instead of the deliberate asymmetry it's always had.Anyway, people are crazy to set their phone down flat on a hard surface on either side. Microscopic grit and dust can scratch. If they're going to be fussy about this, they should go all the way and always use some kind of pad. Problem solved.
I'm glad to see Nokia working on this, and I wish them great success. As long as I'm wishing, might as well add that we also need a pair of genlocked video cameras with adjustable, close lens spacing for macro 3D video shots. Make the cameras separable for midrange while you're at it. Nokia will be heroes in the 3D and VR/AR trades.
Thanks for the link.Snort. 3D is a gimmick./s
The iPad mini may finally get the full-gamut display it deserves. Who wants to guess whether it'll be Suddenly Newton's pink unicorn IGZO?
I was speaking from a point of view within the boundaries of the film's own material, not what you could put together from outside sources.For example, if the film has no interviews with Jony or Steve's wife or Tim or the guys who wrote Becoming Steve Jobs or Pixar/Disney people who worked with him in later years, if all such latter-day sources are unrepresented because they tell a story of an evolved Steve Jobs that the meanie filmakers wish to suppress because the...