or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

When your posts are consistently narrow-minded and negative, you get the bad juju, not your arguments. That's because it's clear you have an agenda, and you want to waste our time.There are three of you working this thread: BF, Mac_128, and you. Novice trolls always whine that their arguments aren't being taken seriously.
That was in the text of the story on 9to5. Gaby Darbyshire is former legal head for Gawker or Gizmodo, now he's a producer for this hit piece on Jobs.Was Alex Gibney a mouthpiece for Gawker? Given the one-dimensional POV of this movie—apparently, I haven't seen it—it's one explanation for the slant.The other possibility is that Alex Gibney is a one-dimensional "thinker." Based on his snarky Q & A at SXSW, I can well belive that too. Joking about Tim Cook's liver-tissue...
What? Don't your "charging blocks," as you call the wall transformers, have USB jacks, into which you can plug either a 30 pin or a Lightning cable? As usual, I call BS on your post. And I don't think you should be allowed to buy a Watch after what you've been saying about it.
Right on. Steve was a maker first, and any narrative he spun around the making was in the service of how the thing fit in to history, the present and the future.The "bicycle for the mind" analogy was not a story, Alex, it was an explanatory metaphor of great power.If Gibney had the imagination to grasp this, he wouldn't be wondering why he has an iPhone in his pocket.
The book comes out on the 24th, just in time to provide some corrective for Alex Gibney's hack documentary. One hopes it will make the movie appear really sleazy, unkind and stupid. I know that's the way Gibney appears right now.
^ Ok, the Aston Martin will do for an example. Why do they call it the Vanquish? That's a little better than the Raptor or the Avenger, maybe, but the same idea. It's possible that Jony Ive, having wrecked his Aston Martin on the freeway at 80 mph or whatever, now has a different idea about the whole thrust of the aggresso-car use case. I know I do, after seeing what goes on with the Ferraris and Carreras, not to mention the BMWs, on the LA freeways. It's deeply...
One way to tell a weak-minded contemporary blowhard: he will resort to the infantile cliché, "it's all about the Stories we tell." Or some variation thereof. Everybody is a storyteller in their mind. The ad man tells a story, the journalist, the president must tell the story of America that the people want to hear. And so on. It's the most threadbare nostrum of the past two decades. Nobody talked like that thirty years ago, before TV got into people's brains to saturate...
Thanks for the video links. I watched the Q & A with the filmmaker. It's clear he isn't up to the task of understanding Jobs, Apple, and what they've accomplished. Very much like Mike Daisey, as anantksundaram pointed out. A lightweight, and an emotional "thinker." I could go into tiresome detail if necessary. Someday I'd like to do it to his face.Now the question is, how to see the movie without paying for it.Edit: normally I'm against stealing people's work, but not in...
^ Marvin, if it isn't obvious to you that the new Camero, say, or the Ford Raptor pickup, embody male aggression, and that they are extreme examples of a general style in car design that's been working for decades, then I give up. All i'm saying is that Apple isn't going to go that route, in my opinion, and they're likely to avoid that look as toxic.
Thanks for your opening compliment.Like I said to Mel, i agree about the aerodynamics. But he was posting obscene pictures of cars that offend every peace-loving soul who hasn't sold out emotionally to the James Bond-auto industrial complex. : )I exaggerate, but do you remember when BMW started their billboard campaign for their second Z-car model? The caption on the billboard was "Land Shark."Acura was recently selling that hideous wedgey thing as something like...