or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Thanks for the link.Snort. 3D is a gimmick./s
The iPad mini may finally get the full-gamut display it deserves. Who wants to guess whether it'll be Suddenly Newton's pink unicorn IGZO?
I was speaking from a point of view within the boundaries of the film's own material, not what you could put together from outside sources.For example, if the film has no interviews with Jony or Steve's wife or Tim or the guys who wrote Becoming Steve Jobs or Pixar/Disney people who worked with him in later years, if all such latter-day sources are unrepresented because they tell a story of an evolved Steve Jobs that the meanie filmakers wish to suppress because the...
Good point about Woz. To "cheap and greedy" we could add treacherous. I know from my own experience what a childish, selfish jerk one can be well into legal "adult" age, depending on one's upbringing, even despite one's good upbringing. Perverse.The redeeming factor comes from figuring out how to make amends and do better. Woz seems to have been taken care of and repaid well. I remember one product intro around five years ago when Steve called him out as his "old crime...
If, IF the film allows you to judge for yourself.That's the point. Does it emphasize the negative aspects, which are easier for everybody, including Gibney and his Gawker buddy, to grasp, and which are the documentary equivalent of clickbait? Or does it give a fair portrait of the more difficult-to-portray positive and evolving aspects of his character?So far the marketing indicates that they went the heavily negative route ("Bold, Brilliant, Brutal"—no loving wife and...
Whoops, hold on, there, he means he really did see this movie, when it was shown at SXSW.."Consider it entertainment . . ." — speaking for myself, I will consider YOU entertainment.
Maybe next year we could take this up again, after you've had a chance to read and think a bit. Till then, best not to judge another for being a shallow materialist.
Perhaps it's time to stop wondering.
A little historical perspective. When portable printed books first appeared in the early 1500s, there was a lot of anguish among the Schoolmen invested in the manuscript culture of scarce, very scarce, books. The Church had most to lose, because the copyists were the stock in trade of the monasteries, and thought could be controlled almost absolutely. Would you have referred to the new printed books as "stuff?" People went off to the taverns and coffee shops and buried...
Thanks, waiting to see if that's what Cash meant by "burned badly."