or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Sleazy article, and it ill represents you in this forum. Did you miss the next to last paragraph out of carelessness or a desire to keep the truth filtered out?
Thanks for posting this. Engelbart was maybe THE most important founder of the augmented-intelligence slant on computer development, as opposed to the artificial-intelligence slant. This according to John Markoff in his introduction to What the Dormouse Said, my favorite history of a technology of all time. It was stories from Engelbart and his friends that inspired Markoff to write the book as a countercultural history.Steve Jobs was clearly in the augmented-intelligence...
Apple has always been a transportation company: bicycles for the mind. : )The car and the computer merged in 1968 (N.B.!) with the first electronic fuel injection system, based on Bendix patents, redone by Bosch, and introduced on the US versions of the VW Squareback and Fastback, later used by Volvo, Datsun, Mercedes, etc.it was analog, using transistor-transistor logic, but still it was the first electronic engine management for emissions control. More power and fuel...
Yep, I believe the bug was designed for 100 kph, or 60 mph. Add radials and good shocks and you could be good for maybe another 10 mph on dry pavement, but with the original skinny bias plys they were very squirrely at any speed. Thank God for Michelin, we used to say back in the 70s.Aquaplaning I did discover a couple of times in my youth, even with my heavier notchback with lots of tools in the front. I just learned to slow down. They should come with warning labels, and...
Nice. Here's how the front can look when you have an air-cooled engine in the back—or an electric motor.Circa 1965 VW Type 3 1500 Sedan, "Notchback."
I saw they travel around giving test drive events by appointment. Do they also take you out from the Santa Monica Blvd. showroom? What's been your experience with them, in other words?
Having thought about it a bit more, and after listening to Gruber's podcast with Matthew Panzarino—both smart guys who also don't get it—i'm even more convinced that Apple did not want to pull the curtain on the wizardry behind the gold watch in front of that audience and the peanut gallery watching in their basements around the world.They know better than to cast their pearls before journalist swine. Look what the barbarians are saying already. See the Economist article...
Good points, but there's that gaping maw. To cool the luggage?Actually, I gotta get over to the showroom. Is maybe the AC condenser behind that grille?
Among front-engine cars, yes. But there's no reason to put an electric motor over the front wheels, which take most of the steering, braking and suspension stress of the vehicle.Tesla's solution should be attended to. The main motor's in the back and the batteries aren't even loading the front.The joys of driving a rear engine car are worth any trade-off in oversteer. But overall balance must be calibrated. Porsche found that no more than 63 per cent of the weight could go...
Rogifan, you just answered your own complaint, obliquely. This is probably going to be way too subtle, even for Gruber and maybe his friends. The reason they did not talk about the gold Edition Watch before the masses is that the Knowledge (with a capital K) does not belong to the uninitiated. To get It you have to make an appointment and show your interest, and maybe intention to spend the money. To reveal It before the uninitiated who don't intend to buy it would be to...