or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Great story, thanks for telling it.
As I see it from the previews and commentary so far, the problem is not in showing the negatives in Jobs's charater and behavior. It's in the relentless concentration on those negatives while ignoring the more important transcendance of the youthful outrages, plus the counterbalancing of his continuing abrasiveness. His family years and his unmatched business accomplishments and his developing philosophy of product realization attest to this growth in character. In other...
I think this isn't like most things, though. Gibney's left out the entire story of Jobs's redemption (from what I can tell so far), and one of the greatest atonements in history, the resurrection of this little company he and Woz founded and which Jobs sent into the future to change the world. It looks like that framework is missing. There's no middle for the truth to lie in.
Gibney shows himself to be a hack and a sleaze. No way will I see it. Bad for one's health—spiritually and blood-pressure-wise. Maybe he jumped the shark on this one and his career will take a dive. Karmically, he's earned a major bitch slap from the goddess Kali. I think he's a virgin, in the Steve Jobs sense, which means he's disqualified from making the movie in the first place.
Well, I have to leap to TS's defense. He doesn't live in the 1940s, he lives in Indiana, where I used to live. I can attest that the Hoosier state should be declared a world heritage site. Example: they just held the 50th anniversary Bill Monroe Bluegrass Festival at Beanblossom, which I attended just about 50 years ago. Why Indiana? It's a long way from the Blue Ridge Mountains. Answer: the glacial moraine hills, the limestone underneath. It's a time capsule. People are...
That's right, ya gotta use both hyphens for it to work: "off-balance-sheet commitments." Not that unusual.
Along with answering Londor's question, you ought to get to know some gay and trans people before you comment any more on their biological destiny. It's clear you're speaking from ignorance and dogmatic belief. Also, the genetics behind gender are way more complex thn xx and xy. Know before you speak.
Good thing California's a big state.But make it a point to see Tangerine. It was shot entirely on iPhonr 5S around Santa Monica and Highland in LA. i'm sure you know the area.
But opposing support for the granting of civil rights to a previously marginalized group is so perverse and unenlightened that you could indeed call it trivial.To see how history makes "conservatism" look absurd, here's George Wallace in his 1963 inaugeral speech as governor of Tim Cook's home state of Alabama:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hLLDn7MjbF0Corporations in the age of television and electronic media have often shown themselves to be ahead of large numbers of the...
Hah, I might be a little slow today.