or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

. . . bombardment and implantation? Ions of what? Did they say?It's analogous to doping, which is not considered chemistry, is it? Seems we're in the realm of solid state physics, not chemistry. Fascinating stuff.
Or, the ions fill in openings in the top lattice layers, in effect making a glass-crystal hybrid near the surface? Maybe there's language in the patent filing.By the way, is this still an application, or was there a patent granted?
Gorillas aren't transparent, sorry. I've been meaning to write Corning about that.
I've been seeing people say "sapphire glass" without engaging with the terminology. I guess now it's time. (Not directed at you, obviously.)Attention!: Sapphire is a crystalline substance, meaning its atoms are ordered in a regular lattice. Many crystalline substances are transparent, such as quartz, diamond and sapphire.Glass can also be transparent, but the atoms are in no particular order. Glass is considered a liquid that is too cool to flow.Therefore "sapphire glass"...
True, soon to be even more resolutely so. Glad you raised that.
Interesting post. I'm thinking that the mechanical watch will continue to thrive, and become even more highly prized, following Marshall McLuhan's rule that the obsolete forms continue on as objects of art, increasingly, taking on a second life.
Yep, it's been pretty DED around here. Or, should I say, like the land of the unDED.
Pretty fast on your feet there, champ. Mind you don't slip in your own puddle of sweat.No, it could not be said that Jony Ive attacked Switzerland, because his statement was rumored, and it's most likely a joke if he said it.You didn't mean the watch industry, because that has nothing to do with "Swiss neutrality." But even if you did mean the watch industry, you would be hoping for the crushing of one of the finest arts ever produced by machine makers. Only the lowest...
Here's what he originally wrote, in response to no one at all, his first post in this thread:"Let's crush Switzerland! Apple will lead the way! I never did care much for "neutral" countries anyhow. It's a bit of a cop out, and pretty cowardly, if you ask me."We're not talking about "a different opinion," see? We're talking about someone who has a compulsion to start something by insulting another class or nationality, repeatedly, in thread after thread, for no other reason...
You attacked an entire nation of people, embarrassing us all."Let's crush Switzerland! Apple will lead the way! I never did care much for "neutral" countries anyhow. It's a bit of a cop out, and pretty cowardly, if you ask me."You deserve to be attacked and humiliated many times over.