or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

I like this line of thinking.An in-car wireless internet of things could save a lot of copper and a mare's nest of complexity.
I know you're joking, but:Mother-in-law's Toyota, now my wife's car, came with well-known brand of American tires that were worn out at 25,000 miles, harsh-riding, noisy and squirrely throughout their lifetime.Replaced with Michelins, quiet, smooth-riding, straight-rolling, guaranteed for 80,000 miles.The company is forever researching compounds for ride vs. wear characteristics. If fluoroelastomers are in the future, they maybe won't come out of an Apple lab.
Dumbest comment in recent memory, even as a joke.Do you think maybe Michelin has learned some interesting things about making tires in the last hundred years?
" . . . lower quality parts . . ." — more cynical twisting for the purpose of FUD-mongering. The Sport has a less shatter-prone composite back (instead of Zirconium) and crystal because it's designed for rough service.You've replaced Benjamin Frost as the main anti-Apple shill here
Interesting. A picture would have been helpful. Where was this? Or rather, which store in London? (Just kidding.)
She shrieked.
Ha. Good one.
Another thread of evidence that Apple could be confident of its powers to enter the field of personal transportation: http://atomicdelights.com/blog/a-glimpse-at-how-the-apple-watch-is-made The point of this magnificent little essay is that Apple has pushed the boundaries of metal-sculpting on a mass scale ("the world's foremost manufacturer of goods") equal to or beyond any other company, and they learned to do this on the job, as it were. If you care to see where Apple...
Actually, I looked up the maintenance schedule earlier today. They recommend a coolant change every two years, I seem to remember. Also a brake fluid change, like any other car.But contrary to what Mac_128 wants to peddle here in the way of FUD, there's nothing about gear oil change, of course, no repacking of wheel bearings, no suspension lube points are mentioned, and drivers are reporting that brake pads are lasting for ungodly mileages because of regenerative...
If Apple thinks it can go into the car-building business, from where would it derive the confidence, not to say arrogance, to imagine that it could do so? I've already suggested one possible source: Tesla. If Elon can do it, we can do it, and in fact we have a few ideas how we could do it better. Here's another: retail stores. When we had the idea to build a retail store network, we didn't know a damned thing about how to do it. Now we have the best retail system in the...