or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Oh-oh. You didn't read the Vogue article? He and Newson just busted your SUV as being overweight. People who drive 5000-pound cars shouldn't rag on others' inelegance.Actually, Jony's tactile designs are largely a product of his mesomorphic physicality. Such people express themselves from their innards, and they're not afraid to show their love of matter, the material itself, in their work. By contrast, an ectomorph, a beanpole sort of person, may not be able to feel his...
That's serious coming from you, an expert in losing it.
". . . the house of Braun and Leica"? I didn't know they were living together.Anyway there's this little inconvenient thing you are ignoring about styles or movements in design, like Bauhaus, for example. Ive's designs belong to a tradition of those who shape things simply and functionally like Dieter Rams and Leica's designers did, both of whom he's acknowledged and thanked as influences.Only a cad would say he's "stolen" from his predecessors. Or a simpleton who's never...
"I've also heard the same . . . "For shame. Haven't you a shred of self-awareness? Go to the damn store and play some video on the 6 Plus and see if it burns your tender pink fingers. Or use the video camera for a while.I played the whole 6 Plus photo and video roll at the store and I did not notice any excessive heat.So now you've heard something different. Let's see a correction from you.
Chances are, Tallest Skil was joking too. But I can think of a way to make Disney greatly responsible for the overreaction to Apple's every little misstep.Want to know how? Hint: "infantile" is part of the explanation. That might also be what's behind TS's joke.
I agree with this more imaginative scenario. A pocketable HD video and photo display device, an acceptable occasional reader, a gaming device, a virtual reality and stereo video player, and various "wild card" uses that people will come up with over time, all will make present myopic predictions about the platform's popularity seem ridiculous in a year or so.The crowd that said "it's just a big Pod touch" should have learned their lesson by now. Every new screen size and...
All he has to do is suspend it over two uprights, like the lintels at Stonehenge, every night, so the phone will straighten back out over time. Naturally you would point the arched side up, toward the ceiling.This takes advantage of the phenomenon known as "cold melt," where you see a stone bench sag over the centuries in parks and cemeteries and so on.Either that or he could be careful not to wear tight pants, get too heavy, and sit down with the phone in his pocket.
The phone does not have a design flaw. The user who bends it, intentionally or otherwise, has a mental flaw, or a flaw in attentiveness, to be fair.Edit: muppetry closes the case much better above.
Didn't take much for this YouTube-phobic geezer (me) to find the answer. He's Lew Hilsenteger, runs the site Unbox Therapy, appears to live in Toronto, unfortunately. I say that because he's out of my reach to harass.Did he say who sponsored the bending videos? I'm not going to watch them, or contribute to his "success," and I always hated the idea of snuff videos, which these are one step away from. Those phones are works of art, and it makes no difference if they are...
Wise up.