or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Interesting post. I'm thinking that the mechanical watch will continue to thrive, and become even more highly prized, following Marshall McLuhan's rule that the obsolete forms continue on as objects of art, increasingly, taking on a second life.
Yep, it's been pretty DED around here. Or, should I say, like the land of the unDED.
Pretty fast on your feet there, champ. Mind you don't slip in your own puddle of sweat.No, it could not be said that Jony Ive attacked Switzerland, because his statement was rumored, and it's most likely a joke if he said it.You didn't mean the watch industry, because that has nothing to do with "Swiss neutrality." But even if you did mean the watch industry, you would be hoping for the crushing of one of the finest arts ever produced by machine makers. Only the lowest...
Here's what he originally wrote, in response to no one at all, his first post in this thread:"Let's crush Switzerland! Apple will lead the way! I never did care much for "neutral" countries anyhow. It's a bit of a cop out, and pretty cowardly, if you ask me."We're not talking about "a different opinion," see? We're talking about someone who has a compulsion to start something by insulting another class or nationality, repeatedly, in thread after thread, for no other reason...
You attacked an entire nation of people, embarrassing us all."Let's crush Switzerland! Apple will lead the way! I never did care much for "neutral" countries anyhow. It's a bit of a cop out, and pretty cowardly, if you ask me."You deserve to be attacked and humiliated many times over.
One of the best features about this forum is in seeing verbal jousters like Slurpy give some deserving yahoo a tongue lashing. If you have the usual suspect on ignore, you miss the reason for the exchange. Ignoring has always seemed like a cop-out to me, but i'd stress that "to me," because others have no interest in the brawls here.Usually I stay away from the obvious political topics, because I know that ][ is going to be bellowing like a stuck pig, and it's the...
That which can be called stubbornness and arrogance is actually the art of making fine mechanisms taken to the highest degree on Earth. It shouldn't be allowed to disappear completely, because those are centuries-old unbroken knowledge traditions, not to mention machinery installations perfected over generations.If Jony Ive said something like this, which I doubt, he would have been joking, because he knows about traditions like these, as do all Englishmen. But nobody does...
Here's a later piece that has a different take on IGZO from what i remember before. You may be right, I hope.http://www.androidauthority.com/amorphous-igzo-and-beyond-399778/
Absence of evidence is not evidence of coincidence ยก
I still haven't seen a good forward-looking write-up on screen technologies. Does no one have a vantage point on the industry? (Raymond Soneira of Display Mate is way too disorganized in his thinking, so it's hard to decipher what he's trying to say.)Anyway, I seem to remember reading that IGZO was more appropriate for tablet-sized screens and larger, and that LTPS was the technology of choice for smaller screens. And it seems I read that both technologies offer about the...