or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

This person's brain is going to explode in __minutes. Too bad. It should be studied.
Wonderful stuff, thanks. I think this explains why the Lucas fuel pump on my '53 MG had contact points that switched on the pumping solenoid every time that the diaphragm relaxed. At least you could hear when it stopped working.
Yes, thank you for bringing up two tangential cases that I chose to leave out of that post, for simplicity.One is the eye patch, which is used in movies, advertising and visual storytelling to suggest villainy, swashbuckling, romantic peccadillos, etc., but never used for a character that is supposed to be the "mild-mannered reporter."The other is the monocle, which in film is the mark of the evil wire-puller, the refined, cold-blooded guy who pets the cat in his lap while...
Tim has since said that he can't live without one.The Watch is going to extend what is desirable about the iPhone and the iOS ecosystem to your wrist. Two things alone will drive sales beyond your modest expectations: Apple Pay, and silent but feelable and visible notifications.When you see people using these things and THEY say they couldn't live without one, you will see the $359.00 light.No iPhone user will feel fully wired without one.
The sun persuades people to wear glasses every day, but this would seem an obscure curiosity where you live.
Nah. Said it before and i'll say it again. The reason you want to punch someone wearing Google Glass is that it violates facial symmetry, and no biological wiring that we have is deeper than face recognition, primarily based on the eyes.To see someone covering one eye with a snaggy tech device for geek reasons is infuriating. That's why Glass is doomed, but everybody thinks it's because of its intrusiveness. They are wrong. It's because it's monocular, not binocular.At...
Yeah, you're right. Too bad the word "torus" isn't very sexy, like, say, "pyramid" or "sphinx." Hey, how about "sphincter"? I think it just means "ring."
Same with American and especially Korean. Full of screamingly unnecessary fillips and dumpy-diaper rear elements, with hideous, leering faces.What's missing is any shred of charm. The Mini has a little, but the interior is a bad cocaine trip. The lowly Fiat 500 is pretty humane and cute, and sells well, in So Cal anyway.,, regardless of roadworthiness.All the Germans are going apeshit in the US with sinister LED treatments. Everything is tawdry and meretricious. Even Tesla...
Yeah, I meant to get back to this, re WhiteFalcon and fallenjt as well. The whole big-picture context of the article was that this was taking place around the culmination of the most difficult thing he's ever done, the three years of developing the Watch, and (we would have to fill in) the work on two completely new form factors for the Phone, plus the stresses you mentioned.Repeatedly, the article points out how unusual this situation is for him. The very least we can do...