or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

"Marketplace," one of the shallowest franchises on public radio, has this as their lead story this morning. "Finding a bug on your iPhone" the piece begins. Nary a mention that this affects only Chinese risk-takers in their short version, more disgraceful that in their longer version they go into detail about the jailbreak factor. Shameless. Now NPR has a two or three sentence version that makes no mention that the exploit is limited to jailbroken Chinese phones....
Interesting. Like for Hamlet, something is rotten in the state, but here the father is the villain, not the uncle.I don't know if you'll get anywhere with DED by using that confrontational tone, though.
DED, he's referring to your second paragraph, where you got your Lees mixed up.
Yes, but from little egg corns mighty oak trees grow.
I've noticed that some people have vestibular systems that are more finely tuned, shall we say, and can tolerate less fooling around with animated horizons, etc. One friend, who is a professional juggler and "equilibriste," can't handle 3-D at all. The separation of video into left and right streams and feeding them to each eye in isolation is a kind of ultrastereo, like headphones are, and it may take some practice to train the ancient binocular circuits that have...
Correct.
This is not news to me, child. It has not been tried on the hand-held level, and it has not been tried by humane photographers, as opposed to hollywood trashmakers and violent game makers. The medium may be the message, but content can poison the medium.
Haven't tried it yet, but the ColorCross viewer seems to have everything going for it, on paper, at least. Can't give you a link just now. Keep searching till you find a price near $30, I think. Yahoo group Photo 3-D is where this sort of thing is discussed.
Just keep repeating that to yourself. See you next revolution.There were those who thought (hoped) stereo sound was dead, dead, dead. Fewer, though, because vision is higher density information-wise, and has been artificially abused by 2-D media for much longer, like 4000 years or so. 2-D people are unconsciously panicked by 3-D.
Your eyes cross when you focus on anything up close. The background goes out of focus. This is normal, and the way vision works. Do some experiments with a pencil held vertically about six inches from your eyes. If you have issues with this, get your binocular vision checked.