or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Apple itself would crash and burn in a BlackBerry-like flash, and the threat would evaporate. Of course there would be mass revolt, a world depression, and so on . . .
From the 1940s and 50s. The time of vegetables and, god help us, blender drinks.No kidding, Adelle Davis, early California health guru, advocated making a "shake," I think she called it, out of berries, bananas, brewer's yeast and a bunch of other stuff, in the blender, which was the best thing ever to have every day, which I still do since she put it in her book that I read in the 70s. Saved my life, I'm pretty sure. Later such things came to be called "smoothies," and...
The reason that Apple can't become a creepy company (unless you're looking from the point of view of a hater, of course) is the same reason that they make "great products that improve people's lives."When you focus on the humane goal of maximizing user experience, you immunize yourself against nefarious exploitation of your customers. This is basic Steve Jobs post-psychedelic psychology. It's in the biography.. I'll cite you a page number if you don't remember it.
Too many movies fill your head with dread.Something I'd like to know from adults who use the word "scary." Particularly males. Does it never occur to you that the word is just a little bit infantile, like it belongs in children's' stories?I come from a time when men didn't talk that way. They didn't eat veggies or drink smoothies, either.
Drive east of Paso Robles on the 46 into what are called California Flats for a good reason. Basically sandy bottom land, at best suited for irrigated orchards, but there ain't no lush forests there.Nuclear fission is a crime against nature. No way will you get Apple ecologists to consort with those dark forces. Fusion, sometime in the future, maybe.Stewart Brand and all you guys who love nuclear fission need to start taking acid again. You're not seeing deeply enough into...
This is interesting. Any links? Thanks.
Ok, here's one. Cultural climate is as important or more important than "business climate" when you're in an industry that is designed to advance human perception and knowledge.There is no area in the US that can approach the northern coast of California, the SF Bay area, for vitality, forward-thinking, and just plain geography and climate conducive to life and art. It's worth paying extra for, and it's been a cost built into personal computers from other than MS, IBM and...
I have to agree with this. Somebody has been doping sog35's Kool-Aid.
These are good suggestions, and maybe the kind of thing that Tim Cook is talking about when he says he remains positive on the platform's future. One can hope, anyway.
Note on the location of the video shoot, particularly for Dick Applebaum. The old Nayarit restaurant is now the Echo/Echoplex, major hipster venue on Sunset Blvd. at the bridge that goes over Glendale Blvd., in Echo Park, five minutes from downtown L.A. Ten years ago, it was almost all Latino businesses along there. Now it's been almost completely hipsterized, as opposed to gentrified. Front lines in the battle between Android and Apple, with Apple now maybe regaining the...