or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

This is so not funny. Any chance you could come to your senses?
I was basing that on the idea that the LiquidMetal pieces were themselves conducting antennas, not just transparent to antennas underneath in other words. And since there must be discrete antennas for different radios, so would there have to be a mosaic of LM elements. But this is all imagined. I know nothing but the fact that Apple doesn't do sloppy, lazy, ugly or useless design.
"Lazy design." I look forward to you eating those words, and since you lead such a busy life, in the Jacuzzi would be about right.Seriously though, you can't judge this kind of thing from a lousy picture. You have to hold it in your hands, and thereby engage your right brain.
I like the idea that the bands might be Liquid Metal. Most are taking these for "plastic" separators. We should consider that they are thick (or wide) because they need to be. With Ive and Apple, this stuff is all technical first, not aesthetic. But when it's explained that they're necessary, that should go a long way to make them acceptable, or even appreciated. To all but the most nit-brained, that is. But the way they are executed and finished is what elevates these...
No it isn't. HTC is about ridiculous bowed backs and brushed textures.
What are you talking about "decorative"? Apple does not do decorative.For all you know, those inserts you're calling "bands" are the antennas, made of ceramic mixed with sintered metal, with electrical connections to the inside. Just an example of what they could be.The leap to hand-wringing here is just astounding. The first thing you should do is trust that Apple knows what they are doing.And another thing. I think they look good. Inlaying elements flush into plain—or...
@tjwolf, Maybe the secure enclave on the iPhone (or iPad or iPod touch) involves just the data that connects the Touch ID to the credit card data that Apple also already stores on its servers.
When you see it in the flesh, you will be shown. If you're susceptible, you will get it. It will be a matter of sex appeal, pure and simple, not the kinds of needs you are talking about above. At worst, you could call it techno-lust. It will sell very well.
That's exactly right. If you need precision, you use a mouse or a trackpad, a desktop or a laptop, in other words. If you need or want to be on a computer at any or all times, including standing in line or sitting just about anywhere, then the tablet is a great liberator.But I think it's more than a convenience. It means you can use hours more a day learning things, which to me is the whole point of this technology. Well, plus a little more communication.Still the point is...
We've had seven years to get the point of the multitouch interface. Four years to get the point of making it larger than the iPhone or iPod touch. Three years to figure out that even a mini form factor can be a more popular piece of responsive glass in your hands. An even larger piece of interactive glass than the iPad in your hands or in your lap will also be screamingly popular, making a fool of those who said "it's just a big" this or that.That there is no keyboard in...