or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Oh I get it, ha ha.
Ugly thread, owned by the benighted ones. Apple is in the business of raising consciousness, always has been from the very beginning. The founder was inspired by a fellow acid-tripper, Leary associate, mostly gay philosopher, Richard Alpert, author of "Be Here Now," which was a guide to using the expanded consciousness afforded by mind-manifesting substances like LSD and psilocybin. The problem with most of you who can't accept Tim's and Apple's stance on "human rights...
Oh stop, they're all pagan, except for fool-the-natives day.
The thread unravels, but good point. People who are pro choice are also pro life and pro women.
And here we have Exhibit A for the Tim Cook case. Cross burning at da loca's at 11. Be there or be queer.
Well said!
I couldn't read the whole thread, but I see no one has convinced you of the most obvious point:That is, Apple's core business is making products that improve people's lives. In order to do that, they have to embrace—not just tolerate—as many kinds of people in the world that they can. There is zero room in this equation for any favoritism or exclusion whatever. The big sword of gender prejudice has been hanging over everybody's head at Apple as well as any other company in...
As usual, you're just sayin'. What you are missing is what Samsung and every other imitator of Apple is missing:Focus on the user first, and make the product best for the user. Other companies focus on how they themselves are going to win and survive. Those companies will fall apart like you're just sayin'.Focus on the product for the user was built into the company by the very smart founder. It's not easy, and we see Apple seem to slip up from time to time, but their...
I can see this is going to be a bit difficult. I always assume people have read their Marshall McLuhan, and I always get in trouble for it.No bond will be formed between Americans and Iranians over Nokias, Android, or Google. But a bond will be formed between them if there's an iPhone in between them. From the point of view of the media ecologist, the psychology of the masses is the most important piece of infrastructure there is, and that derives from the media mix at any...
I didn't mean to suggest it was Apple's business at all. My point would be more along the lines of:New communications media by themselves can form bonds, as can the media's packages, for example books in the 17th century.The "work" consists in what we say in or on the new media. And i'm only talking about what happens between ordinary people. Recent history shows that the cell phone is the most powerful instrument of change yet to be invented, maybe moreso than TV or the...