or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

Why is everybody capitalizing sapphire all of a sudden? Correction: almost everybody.
C'mon,"Steve wouldn't have put up with it"?I'm surprised at you, resorting to this empty troll taunt. Be original and blame it on the loss of Scott.(Four crashes on my iPad mini retina while posting this.)
Last time I was in Santa Cruz, it seemed not much had changed. Well, maybe the VW buses are a bit newer.As for this building surrounding a park, this is the first time I've seen this point of view mentioned so specifically. It makes complete sense. T'will be a fantastic place to work.
I guess one dumb comment deserves another. At least it provokes another.
Agreed, but tougher than from Texas. Alabama.
Hey, you're right, I should have just said "What arrogant amateur punditry" and been done with it.
You are absolutely right about this. Anantksundaram and others such as the illustrious Constable Odo would have Apple "managing" those who have shown themselves incapable of understanding what the company is about. This would be a violation of Apple's covenant with its users: we focus on your products, not on lobbying and hustling.
Maybe you should apply for the job, since you have so much insight into Apple's complexities and his inadequacies. Seriously, give it a thought.If you do apply, let us know, so we can take your critiques of management seriously.
Your use of Google for comparison gives you away. You have forgotten Apple doesn't do Beta hardware, ever.Focus, thousands of noes, product and user-oriented technology, many ways to look at what Apple is doing rather than the impatient and market-focused way you are looking at them.I'm surprised at you too.
You keep saying this about releases on schedules. Realities about developing technologies, including production technologies, is never acknowledged by you.It may be that it takes a year to get a product evolution underway. Remember there are frequently shortages when something like a new screen lamination or a new case material has to be integrated. They are always on the cutting edge.In other words, get real.