or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

An important step in restoring bonds between Iranians and Americans. We got a lot of work to do to straighten out this mess.
Coincidentally, Sephko on Google is linked by Gruber today:http://sephko.tumblr.com/image/101275314843Fun.
Yeah, that's different, the Googlers are the ones having the fun.I'm obliged to point out that their fun is creating a churn of mental disturbance in its wake. Google Glass was not only doomed from the start by being monocular, it was actually harmful to those whose rage was stirred up, hostility aroused, without knowing why. One did not realize one was a technophobe or geekophobe until Google Glass arrived.One actually wasn't either. Glass violated facial symmetry, and...
Best LCD screen. The Samsung is best overall, but it uses AMOLED, which Soneira has no objection to. I have not seen him comment on blue pixel lifetime, for example, which is an issue that Apple would definitely factor into their commitment to LCD vs OLED. Five years blue pixel lifetime would be too short for Apple, I think.The thing that gets me about Soneira is his simple-minded criticisms of Apple's production decisions. He talks as if Apple could switch to OLED if they...
What has been "fun"?I can see that making fun of Google Glass has been fun, but I don't think that's what you meant. And anyway, I think Glass has been a disaster for the valid concept of wearable displays, since now any legitimate effort will be looked on askance because of that one-eyed creepy Google geek disaster. So, where's the fun? I have to confess I also have a big problem with self-driving cars, since handling a good road machine is one of the great joys in modern...
Listen, Apple Insider Staff, where did you get this "Old Continent" label from? I've never seen this in 60 years of paying attention to such things. I have seen "Old World" and "New World," of course, but those are quaint usages from the 1950s, maybe kept alive by aging scholars into the 70s. And everybody's immigrant grandmother used to refer to the "the old country" and get all teary-eyed. But never have I seen "Old Continent." It's ridiculous and should go straight...
Junk and mediocre stuff has always outsold really good stuff, so no surprise there. This story is about some progress being made in South Korea, just like progress was finally made in the US, after people like Steve Jobs got some familiarity with BMW bikes, Porches, his VW bus, Sony, etc. Good design is starting to win big mindshare, for the first time in my 65 years of paying attention.
Aside from the incoherence of the software—Samsung Life Companion stuff, crappy random fonts, etc., there's still something deeply tacky about the hardware, even though it's improved a little since the band-aid perf-plastic or the fake leather and stitching of one or two generations ago (not so long).Samsung hasn't figured out, and they may never unless they take a crash course in Western design culture of the last century, that you can no longer fake any element in a...
Which we heard something about with Pixelmator. There was one other app that I can't remember. But there probably isn't much else ready yet, so all the talk about the camera features that some here complained about was completely appropriate, just as video processing was when they announced the first 64-bit chip.
Thanks, been waiting for that. Still gimped gamut on the mini. Such a cross to bear. /sActually, i haven't missed the full colors that much on my mini retina 1, but I don't use it for looking at my own videos much. Perhaps that's why, though.