or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

@joseph_went_south, interesting. So I see Carplay is a very big deal, thinking about it from this point of view. (I'm not a candidate since I stubbornly keep a small stable of ancient VWs for transport. It's a California thing.) But the idea is that the car is going to get grafted to the Apple ecosystem, along with the home and the personal walkaround space. Now we're talking here about Apple extending into the object-manufacturing space. Actually the acquisition of 3D...
Fear and hostility to novelty is much in evidence in this thread. A little reflection will reward the imaginative person with the certainty that the digital capture, storage and reproduction of 3D objects is as important an advance as photography.. Naturally the visionaries at Apple would be expected to be leading an integrated, end-to-end approach to working out the details of making the technology practical.
Funny. Hadn't seen that one.
Shame Christina Farr just set her career back to the cub reporter/copy girl level. Worst thing is, it was probably the Reuters editors that put her up to this or butchered her story, or both. If you look at her profile on About.Me, she doesn't seem like such a lowlife. Edit: Took out the Valleywag reference. Venture Beat and Business Insider have had her bylines. Since Jim Dalrymple didn't even mention her name, instead only blaming Reuters, I'm inclined to guess that...
Correct, easier to edit, and if it's the one you have in your hand at a good moment, well then . . . who cares what you look like? You got the shot.
The "some intellect" is the key. He actually handles ideas very well. This invites hatred from the ignorant and the insecure. People who think cavemen played with dinosaur babies in wheelbarrows because they saw it on TV.
@palomine, I hope you'll find something useful. Maybe Wired was where I was seeing the stories about the Gore plan to use space-based cameras to foster whole-Earth ecological thinking among the world population. I seem to remember he was thinking that view of the whole Earth would be the only product of such an observatory. Nowadays, we might have other ideas we could pursue, especially if we used two satellites spaced a certain distance apart for a parallaxed stereo...
Actually, I didn't have to look anything up, it's in my head. Should be in everybody's head. I think everyone who knows how to read and who went to school should know that writing began with marks on clay tablets. And I would think that they'd have some timeline, like Mesopotamia, 3 or 4000 BC. Moses, way later in Canaan, maybe around the time of the phonetic alphabet.Cavemen and wheels, what can I say? A 25,000-year anachronism. Too much Flintstones, not enough thinking...
Noted.
Once again, what it's showing is how sapphire does NOT bend when compared to Gorilla Glass 2, or is it 3. That may not be his intention, but what the video shows is how stiff, or strong, the stuff is. Someone will supply the proper term for this characteristic, I hope.That it bends some means it is not totally brittle.