or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

The Galaxy Black Hole, of course.
Finally, someone else saying what I've been saying since the low-cost iPhone discussion started.Glass is not appropriate for both sides of something that's supposed to be a world phone. Every time someone else says Apple already makes two low-cost phones, the 4 and the 4S, i wonder, do these people know what it is to do honest work for a living, or go ouside and actually do something physical?I hope Apple's low-cost phone will be explicitly described as 'ruggedized,' so...
Do us a favor and don't take the stupid route on this. You are polluting the thread and you know better. Others don't.
I do, because it's in such bad taste. Starting with the open-wound logo. Microsoft has the ability to make even an "X" ugly.
I see what you mean, but I wonder if Tim Cook thinks in terms of tectonic shifts like SJ did, who was basically a media ecologist, a Stewart Brand type who was into manufacturing. Tim Cook is more of a global materiel strategist, seems to me, which was exactly what Apple needed at the time he joined, and maybe exactly what they need now. SJ could not have done it without him, I imagine. The framework and vision now has probably passed to Ive's crew, where it has to be...
Tim Cook can't and shouldn't get more specific about the future. What he gives out about "the mother of all markets," momentum in China, Apple's dominance of the mobile PC space, the disciplined thinking behind screen size choices, all that kind of stuff that he says is the plain truth, not platitudes.Apple is riding three mature technologies, laptops, desktops and phones; one developing very visibly, the tablet; and one senescent, the iPod.The next move from Apple is so...
Yeah, I am that naive, since I don"t do Twitter or Facebook.Of course you're right, a social network immediately gets parasitized.. But I was thinking in ideal terms, where it should not be parasitized. Other kinds of advertising are just paid-for ad space, not parasitism.So I guess I would say that Twitter astroturfing is a very low-class form of advertising, if not an unethical form, when it involves fakery like in this case. I hope Apple would never stoop to this...
It seems more wrong in cases like this, because tweets are supposed to be real pieces of communication. Celebrities lying on Twitter seems like pollution. But celebrities lying about what products they use in advertising is at least as old as I am, which is pretty old.Twitter isn't supposed to be advertising. Another instance of Samsung having neither soul nor ethics. Or class.
Gotta have something out for the Sunday strollers and window shoppers in Germany. It looks like the window display space is limited otherwise.I seem to remember seeing big iPhone mockups with animated screens in the window at our local Apple store. Or I could be conflating memories. If they aren't doing this, they should.
Not to mention that when they're through with this, they will have advanced the art of using glass as an environmentally integrative building material. This building should also advance the sustainability concept in architecture into the 21st century quite clearly.As Solipsism X points out, Apple is an experience company. What's new here is that they're going all out to make the building and the grounds a peak experience for their employees.It's transcendental...