or Connect

Posts by Flaneur

It's not alien to me, and I'm pretty sure it's not to him.The issue for me is more that Rogifan is ignoring any or maybe all reasons why Apple has been stuck lately with a schedule probably not of their choosing. There are times when technical evolution does the choosing. The switch to low-power, high-density matrices for powering LCD TFTs (hope I'm using the standard terms here) is of huge significance and apparently hugely difficult. How many years has it been sinceApple...
You missed entirely the weighty qualifier in his last sentence: "Of course there are other considerations from Apple's PoV, like sourcing components . . . "This is THE operative consideration. You just can't make something if you ain't got the parts.
I was being sarcastic, but my point is that we are seeing product releases happen according to the arrival points of new technologies, and not according to Apple's desire to crowd the holiday quarter with new products. I went over the sources for these conclusions the last time this came up with you (your larger phone screen rant) and it seems you paid no attention then, so why should I walk you through it again? You keep distracting your already weak attention span with...
Aha. Good find.
Brilliant retail logic. You could have a great career with CVS, Senior Vice-President, Seasonal Sales.My post 157 above was directed at you as much as at macexpress.
I get it, jungmark gets it, solipsism x gets it.What you and other impatient, technically ignorant schedule fetishists like Rogifan don't get is that we have been in a long period of display drought, during which Apple has not been able to source the next quantum leap in resolution. We have no retina MacBook Air, for example, because when that arrives Apple is going to need X millions of IGZO or LTPS backplanes which could not be manufactured by any facility in the world...
He's not calling just anyone with your behavior pattern a concern troll, he's calling YOU that.Your last big gassy concern issue was about Apple's lateness to the big screen phone game. Both concern issues are based on the same thing: your IGNORANCE of the technical issues that govern Apple's release "schedules."Hint: there is no schedule anymore, because complexity now rules. We will see with the next wave of displays, for example, how Apple has to shuffle suppliers to...
Ha! Thanks. Wouldn't you know, I'm still using iOS 6 on my 4Ses.
It does, when you forget to switch on airplane mode. I have lost a few good shots that way. There oughtta be an option you can get to within the video app.