or Connect

Posts by neovirusnine

I just ordered a new PB 12" and was wondering if any OS X compatible Mice were coming out? Anyone heard anything? Also how viable would using a bluetooth mouse be in a laptop environment? it's not going to kill an hour off my battery using one will it? How long will a battery last in the mouse?
I just ordered a new PB 12" and was wondering if any OS X compatible Mice were coming out? Anyone heard anything? Also how viable would using a bluetooth mouse be in a laptop environment? it's not going to kill an hour off my battery using one will it? How long will a battery last in the mouse? [ 03-05-2003: Message edited by: Bodhi ]

I have no high demands for Apple in the Audio division... I'm an Audio Production major trying to finance a mac and the only thing i think a mac really should have right NOW is 24 bit mini jack so i can plug my expensive headphones in and warrant the expense instead of paying almost as much for a sonica that steals a USB port... 5.1 and beyond would be nice but in reality maybe only a few high end audio geeks would be able to take advantage of it at least until a few years...
7. yeah the screen is the same 12.1" as the ibook... it even says it in the apple spec... by the way the new apple specs have since recently been provided as pdf documents so look for those on the spec page because the one on the website isn't as detailed. by the way does anyone know what the resolution of the audio out port is... I really really wish apple would bump them to 24bit or put a PC card slot in the 12" but i'd prefer the former. [ 01-08-2003: Message edited...
The new 12 PB is perfect for me and i will be purchasing one soon so i've thought about this question too... in deciding think about your priorities and the drives abilities... i personally think anyone getting the superdrive in a portable right now are suckers for technology... it costs 200 extra and its SLOWER... check the specs... COMBO 0x/8x/24x/10x/24x SUPERDRIVE 1x/8x/ 8x/ 4x/24x DVD write/read CD write/rewrite/read if you really want to burn...
do you think the tech in the 17 powerbook could be easily ported to the 12"? They have the same keyboards or at least the apple specs say they do so would it not be possible to rip off the fiber optics of a 17 and install it on a 12... or at least have a 3rd party developer do so... keys are easily replaced.
from listening to this G5 nonsense on these forums for the longest time (because i want one so bad even though it doesn't yet exist to consumers) i have learned what Apple's strategy IS... you must keep one thing in mind when figuring this out and that is this: Apple exists to turn an increase on shareholders money... Apple is a corporation and thats what corporations do... therefore: APPLE WILL NOT RELEASE A 970 THIS MACWORLD what it will do is use whatever latest...
3 of the promo's affecting powermac buyers will expire on Dec. 31st. "Double your memory", "Power couple" and "Design Freely" all end on this date so what can we expect? Maybe after "Double your memory" we'll begin to get honestly priced ram in BTO configurations from now on, that wouldn't be much to ask for. The end of a display promo can give birth to one of two things and that is a slightly altered display promo or the arrival of new displays and a new accompanying...
it IS coming soon... but how soon and in what ratio and price?
My iMac had os 9.2.2 installed with all the firmware updates when i decided to downgrade the os and then upgrade it again to refresh my system folder. I installed os 9.0 from the cd that came with the computer and then attempted to install 9.1 when it said it could not install over the processor specific os 9.0. I did not get this at all since I did not have this problem when i first upgraded to os 9.1. I had then concluded that it was the firmware and I tried holding...