or Connect

Posts by neovirusnine

[quote]Originally posted by Eugene: The iPod is already the iPod for your car...or your laptop. VW is the only company that could partner with Apple? Are you joking? Why limit yourself to VW, Audi, Rolls Royce and Porsche when you can get BMW, Land Rover, Bentley? What about DaimlerChrysler with Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, Unimog or Jaguar (Ford,) Lexus, Infiniti, Acura...or practically any other company. I don't think VW's the only company with hip cars. ...
those dinky usb mics are generally crap from my experience. If you have any extra cash or think you could save up there are several options open to you... MOTU sells two firewire audio solutions that are both around 1,000 plus or minus 100 retail. Emagic has a great USB audio interface called the EMI 2/6. MIDIMAN also has a usb interface i think called the quatro... the latter two solutions are around 500. Digidesign also has something called the M-Box which comes with...
Does anyone know if you can get 500 or more off of the new HD display if you buy a PowerMac with it? When I first heard the price I figured it was priced that high so that apple would still profit after the rebate... However the promotion hasn't been updated at all. The PowerMac BTO site also has not been thoroughly updated either... you can purchase the HD display in the displays pull down but you can get a 10gb iPod.
and the translation is... keynote presentation bulletin (real time renewal) *\tJobs person appearance. As for present topic as follows and explanation 9:34 AM Mac OS X Degital Hub IMac Bluetooth (!) Cinema Display (!) IPod (!) *\tMac OS X. Application was complete. Demonstration of Adobe corporation. From InDesign 2.0. 9:38 AM *\tDocument with HTML file, retention. Consequently to read with the GoLive, new function demonstration. 9:40 AM...
Does anyone know of other options for rackmounting a Powermac G4 (Dual Gig) other than Marathon's solutions? I found one company that will mount a Dual into a nice 2U mount except they defeat 2 of the pci slots in the process and preinstall yellowdog linux (which i have no use for) and charge about 800 bucks for it. I had also found another company that did it in a 4U space and had all its functionality plus did tests that proved their rack case ran cooler than the...
I think gigawire, ddr, firewire 2 and other rumored techs are waiting for the G5 motherboard, E-Book. So Apple can blow people away like they did with the first UMA motherboard... So that would be Mid-Summer for this stuff? What till then?
last I heard apple was having trouble getting it to perform up to par with the G4s but that it's altivec abilities were projected to outperm the G4's.
Oh, about those processors, I think that the Apollo should appear at possibly gigahertz speed. I know this is a tad higher than other peoples processor predictions but I think this is very likely even at speeds slightly higher than gigahertz.
The only thing I expect at the next macworld would be a bumped powerbook. NOT a revision, no reworking of the case. I do expect the bus to be 133 across the board and better processors. A new graphic board hopefully to match the graphic boost in the other pro model and maybe an upped screen rez. I know there is a lot of talk about how people want the rez boost here but I haven't heard the request elsewhere so I'm not sure I expect that. Although, if they do they will...
the benefits of serial ATA are exactly? The only difference I know about the difference between SCSI and ATA is that SCSI supports higher bandwidth (ATA can catch up with time though, who cares?) and that SCSI takes processor tasks and does it itself to further free up the processor and allow the drive to be even faster. If serial ATA added this ability that'd be great but I would think if that was the only advantage (which it really would just be up to par and not...