or Connect

Posts by neovirusnine

It seems as though Mr. Jobs has instituted new security measures since this last Macworld San Fran. to prevent leaks. I seem to remember a lot more rumours in the days of yore (is that how it's spelled?) and most would be false but some would have a little relevant and "not so far off" points. There almost seems to be a total lack of even false fact based rumours. I have not even the slightest idea of when to expect new powermacs/powerbooks and at the current prices I...
I always thought the pro machines should have 8 firewire ports... at 3200mbps. What does everyone else think? Overkill?
plenty of companies in the tech industry give their customers a little heads up about future products... apple, however, does not. Apple likes to keep everything quiet untill they release a new product. It really is a pain in the arse... By giving in a little they could possibly control all this rumoring and maybe even get a little more market share if consumers knew for a fact what apple had up it's sleeve... some may say Apple doesn't want others in the industry to...
[quote]Originally posted by ricRocket: Geez, I hope something gets done soon! I was all set to buy one in December, then I remembered MWSF and figured I'd wait - now with the G4 iMacs and the 14" iBooks, I'm not so sure that the price point is where it should be for the TiBooks (similar to the towers, but to a lesser degree). I still really want one, but need either a bump at the same price or a price-drop before I'll commit that kind of cash... Does anyone else...
[quote]Originally posted by Leonis: Actually Apollo runs cooler than the current 7440 chips used in the Ti
Sorry, that question was supposed to be rhetorical as well as intended to be a double negative. (Was should be Wasn't)
At the absolute least the Powerbook should see a small feature bump and reduced prices down the line. Was the Apollo chips not originally intended for the Powerbook in the first place anyway because of its improved heat dissipation?
[quote]Originally posted by MacGregor: Has anyone here actually written a driver? How hard is it? I know, it is all about proprietary technology and perhaps getting a little money out of Apple, but doesn't unix give OSX any kind of easy pathway to driver development?
I'm sure you'll all be happily surprised if you visit Midiman's web page... they just wrote drivers for the entire...
[quote]Originally posted by Matsu: I think I asked before, but can't macs already handle 5.1??? How exactly do Macs handle audio. Is there a specific chip set on the Mobo or is it all done in software? What are OSX's audio abilities?
oh they sure can... I'm pretty sure os x doesn't take full advantage of its native surround capabilities, (i.e. even though os x is theoretically capable of surround nothing uses it so far so even if you...
Are you sure about that? I checked the Apple Specs page for the WallStreet Powerbook G3's and their PMMU (yeah, I know what that is :confused: ) and FPU are listed as integrated. I am bold enough to assume that they mean it's soldered onto the board yet these machines are in fact upgradable. The TiBook is also listed as having those components as integrated yet you say it is not upgradeable. Any chance of a "less beaten path" sort of upgrade like the old zif and L2...
I thought good old bush got rid of internet taxes once again... i heard it on tv somewhere... isn't it as long as your purchase is out of state and online there is no tax? sorry i haven't bought ANYTHING online yet and i'm not bush's friend either. thinking of a tibook if i can upgrade the processor.